Ok so I'm trying to learn sweeping techniques and i guess i have the basic idea down but:
-should i use alternating picking or just downstrokes?
- are there hammerons used or not?
-is there any way to work in transitions so i could structure it into a song? What are they?

ok yeah i don't really know much about this so i could use some help. so comment...thanks!
Quote by headbang123
Ok so I'm trying to learn sweeping techniques and i guess i have the basic idea down but:
-should i use alternating picking or just downstrokes?
The idea is to sweep, or use pick all in one direction, to sweep down would be all downstrokes, to sweep up would be all upstrokes.
- are there hammerons used or not?
Usually hammer-ons and pull-offs are used at the top or bottom the sweep to change directions and go back up/down.
-is there any way to work in transitions so i could structure it into a song? What are they?
Usually sweeping is used in solos or fills, and are generally arpeggios (broken chords), so you could go from a chord progression to a sweep progression. (This one I'm not so sure of because I generally don't do a lot of sweeping, but I'm sure one of the other users can help you out)

ok yeah i don't really know much about this so i could use some help. so comment...thanks!

Answers in red.
you're a stone fox
I like to transition between sweeps using slides like this
e-------------12h15p12-------8h12p8------------
B----------13----------13/10--------10---------
G-------12-----------------------------9-------
D----14----------------------------------10----
A-15----------------------------------------12-
E----------------------------------------------

Which would be a CM to a Am just continue like that. It's also nice because each chord has eight notes so it can be played as eighth notes or sixteenths etc.
Quote by DDOW
I like to transition between sweeps using slides like this
e-------------12h15p12-------8h12p8------------
B----------13----------13/10--------10---------
G-------12-----------------------------9-------
D----14----------------------------------10----
A-15----------------------------------------12-
E----------------------------------------------

Which would be a CM to a Am just continue like that. It's also nice because each chord has eight notes so it can be played as eighth notes or sixteenths etc.

I've never thought of that before. Duly noted.
you're a stone fox