So I just got a boss ds-1 yesterday. It worked completely fine playing through my amp at home. I play in a winter drumline and am just connected through the pedal to the soundboard. It's sounded like a blown amp the entire day. It's awful. I've changed the different cords and batteries/power supply. I havent had a chance to pull the back off yet to see if anything came loose. Any ideas?
Did you check the amp? If it's not the one you used at home (even if it is) the problem might be that.

I don't know anything about fixing pedals/amps/whathaveyou so please be patient until a more competent UGer comes along.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
It will sound that way if you connect it right to the soundboard, sorry.

It's meant to be played trough a guitar amp, which boosts the frequencies that we normally listen to in guitar.
Fender Jaguar
Morley PVO +
TC Polytune
Fulltone Ultimate Octave
Boss DS2
Blackstar HT-40
Digitech Timebender
TC Trinity

(offboard; Whammy IV, Crybaby 535Q, Digitech RP100A)
Quote by Penn100

It's meant to be played trough a guitar amp, which boosts the frequencies that we normally listen to in guitar.

this.
Did you play it through your amp again? It might just be their shitty soundboard.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
I had that idea in the back of my head. Is there anyway a preamp pedal or and eq pedal in front of it can fix that? I can't roll an amp out on the floor when we compete as much as I would like to.
Quote by jthm_guitarist
Did you play it through your amp again? It might just be their shitty soundboard.

Soundboards are not amps, they do not color the tone, they are designed to reproduce the input signal as originally as possible, which the input signal of a DS-1 or any distortion pedal for that matter sounds like a blown amp.

The pedal is fine, soundboard is fine to, you just learned that pedals are designed for amps, and not for stand alone effects.
Quote by Penn100

Completely missed that. Though TS plugged it into an amp
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
You need something designed to be run into a flat response amp like a Pod. Something that simulates the guitar amp. A DS-1 is pushing to sound good into a guitar amp let alone a mixing desk.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification