Hey guys, I haven't posted in a little while, since everything I've written lately has been pretty shitty, so I feel like I finally wrote something worth pursuing.

I really went for an August Burns Red feel, since they are still one of my favorite bands, I did my best to stay away from generic melodies and progressions, you might find a few but, oh well.

C4C
Attachments:
Skyscraper.gp4
Skyscraper.mid
Poop.

Yes, poop.
Basically nailed ABR on the head. As far a generic metalcore goes, it's top notch. Thought the first riff could have varied after 4 bars rather than being repeated, so it'd be an 8 bar riff instead of 4. The 3/4 in the breakdown added a nice element of syncopation. The slidey riff was nice.
The staccato in that lead was really cool as well. Strings at the end could be a bit quieter, that were a tad over powering.
But anyway, as I'm sure you know, it's generic, like ABRare, but it is excellent metalcore. They're one of the few metalcore bands I still listen to because they at least stand out technically and in their song writing so kudos on emulating them quite well. Drums were very Greiner esque too.
My songs are all located here .
Feel free to drop by and crit a song.
Leave a link and I'll return a crit

Colossus
I quite enjoyed this. You got some great riffage going on there :P. I enjoyed the addition of the piano near the end and the strings as well.

Nice song .
Yes, this sounds very ABR. If you put their vocalist on top of this I would go as far as to say it was ABR themselves. Not sure whether the "ABRcore" tag is appropriate though as they're just metalcore
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.