Page 1 of 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5fRawyh1Ik

As the title says, a nativity scene was set up at Occupy D.C. and the video above depicts some of the protester's reactions. I found some of them rather annoying and was interested to see what The Pit's take is on it. Is Christmas really still a big deal to people?
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
They obviously just interviewed the crazy ones... makes for a more interesting youtube video.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Why would this even make them mad?
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Dec 21, 2011,

At the guy with the "fuck the police" hat.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
I like how the guy who's hat says "Fuck the Police" says, "I think it's in bad taste."
Check out my band Disturbed
I don't get why this is even a big deal. Yep, there are stupid people. Yep, there are smart people. Some people are offended, some people are OK with it.

My point is...

WHO GIVES A FLYING FUUUUUUUUCK
I play my guitar like I live life; upside-down.

Gear:
Sender Fratocaster
LTD Phoenix-200
Fender Sonoran
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
Fender Mustang V 412
Quote by fail
Is Christmas really still a big deal to people?

uh.... yea.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by StewieSwan
I like how the guy who's hat says "Fuck the Police" says, "I think it's in bad taste."

Haha, I thought the same thing. Genius.
Quote by StewieSwan

___

Quote by The_Blode
Wait... the Occupy protesters aren't saints who are after everybody's best interest, including my own!?

Honestly, I'm not surprised -- the movement itself has never been dominated by moderateness.
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by StewieSwan

And he has a GG Allin patch. A bloke who raped women on stage.
The protesters really need to calm down. I don't twist my testicles every time I see a menorah or something. Even if it is a government related protest, some of the people there are pretty offensive on their own.
FORZA CATANIA
Goddamn hipster phaggots ruining the message of occupy.
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
3:06, that guy knows the score. "Why would you be offended?"
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Dreadnought
Wait... the Occupy protesters aren't saints who are after everybody's best interest, including my own!?

Honestly, I'm not surprised -- the movement itself has never been dominated by moderateness.

Well, you can still be out for everybody's best interest and not like christmas

Not those guys, though.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
"Alright, the 76%, and what about the other uh, the other 10%?"

Also I love the wiseman with his own three gifts about halfway through.

I'm not even christian and I don't get what's so offensive about this. It's not like they're there wishing ill will on anyone or they're forcing others into the scene - they're doing the exact same thing the Occupy protestors are, taking place in a public area, camping out, and sending a message. I personally don't agree with all of it, and whether or not you do is your own prerogative, but it's harmless and innocuous, I don't see why they're getting whiny. What are they doing that's so offensive?

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by TEK34
And he has a GG Allin patch. A bloke who raped women on stage.

Also these.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by due 07
There were only like three peeps complaining anyway.

I'm aware - I never said a specific number, I just said "they", implying the people who got uppity in the video.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
I think they were just scrambling for the nearest opinion on something unusual, but pretty inoffensive. Maybe partially because they were being interviewed and thought they'd better say something. I doubt anyone was actually offended.
Quote by Kensai
They obviously just interviewed the crazy ones... makes for a more interesting youtube video.

This.

The guy's a self-professed "conservative," do you really expect him to seek to represent a movement like Occupy honestly, or purposely target the most drugged out weirdos in an attempt to discredit it?

On an issue that's got shit all to do with the movement's aims, I'll add.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by necrosis1193
I'm aware - I never said a specific number, I just said "they", implying the people who got uppity in the video.

Oh, I wasn't directing it towards you; I was just saying, in general. 'Cuz when you get subhumans posting things like "fuck occupy fags hurrr," it's important to bring them back to reality.
Quote by Kensai

Prove it
My God, it's full of stars!
I think if you interviewed enough people about a nativity scene in any situation you could always get enough negative comments to fill a video.

That being said, fuck the people in this video, whether they're part of the Occupy Movement or not.

EDIT: Ha, just got to the wise man. That was pretty nice.

Last edited by Gerard_xD at Dec 21, 2011,
Quote by Dreadnought

Pretty much all of this.
Quote by TypicalRocker
I don't get why this is even a big deal. Yep, there are stupid people. Yep, there are smart people. Some people are offended, some people are OK with it.

My point is...

WHO GIVES A FLYING FUUUUUUUUCK
I'd think it's clear you don't give a fuck. However, based upon the rest of this thread, some people do give a fuck. Some posters find it offensive. Some posters are ok with it. But most people in this thread seem to give a fuck.

Personally, I find it somewhat telling of the pulse of the Occupy Movement.

And, for those who think they clearly only interviewed the "crazy ones", maybe you should watch at least 30 seconds of the video. Seems to me that there's a decent showing of several occupy members who are ok with it. One woman even got a picture with the two actors.

Quote by Kensai
Doesn't mean one should insult Christmas. You might hurt someone's feelings, after all.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Dec 21, 2011,
Quote by StewieSwan

I think GG Allin was in worse taste than the hat was.
Waaaaaa Waaaaa

EVERYBODIES NOT ATHEIST WAAAAAHHHHHH SOMEBODY CALL THE WAAAAAMBULANCE

WAAAAHHHHH I find it offensive when Christians have their faith on display, but not when gays display their love waaahhhhh

But seriously, what about this is so offensive? Count on the pit to get all bent out of shape about religion.
Just a sub-par guitar player..

Quote by darkstar2466
Let's make this the Pit's motto:

"Forever alone, together"

IS THIS FREEDOM, OR CONFINEMENT?! FREE MOSCOE_ESPANOL!!!
Quote by Gorelord666

At the guy with the "fuck the police" hat.

Wasn't he the one that said the law is his lord?

Quote by son_of_bodom
Waaaaaa Waaaaa

EVERYBODIES NOT ATHEIST WAAAAAHHHHHH SOMEBODY CALL THE WAAAAAMBULANCE

WAAAAHHHHH I find it offensive when Christians have their faith on display, but not when gays display their love waaahhhhh

But seriously, what about this is so offensive? Count on the pit to get all bent out of shape about religion.

Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Whoa, that was awesome.

I want to go punch the people who were disagreeing with it right in the dicks. Even that girl. Stupid bitch obviously doesn't understand how "Freedom of/from religion works"
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by bradulator
I want to go punch the people who were disagreeing with it right in the dicks. Even that girl. Stupid bitch obviously doesn't understand how "Freedom of/from religion works"

Sure she does. It means you don't have the right to peacefully express your religion in a public arena! What is this, Iran?
Oh dear god! A nativity scene at occupy wallstreet! What horrible people would exercise their first amendment rights and practice their religion in public.

But srsly guys how is this any different then when fox gets all bent out of shape over a governor calling a christmas tree a holiday tree? Stop getting upset over stupid shit this time of year.

Also relevant "War on Christmas" Daily Show clip:

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-december-6-2010/the-gretch-who-saved-the-war-on-christmas
They have a nativity scene up in a town here in Texas in front of the town hall building that the Freedom FROM religion group is suing over to get taken down. They say it's infringing on the separation of church and state..which is stupid.

Why can't people just, ignore religion if it makes them so angry? Why completely destroy it from the public eye?
Page 1 of 3