that question might seem stupid, but Im just curious. the thing is Im a HUGE Marty Friedman fan, and he said something on this that really got me thinking "is that even possible?"

the thing he said was:

-The solo in “Stigmata Addiction” is remarkable; there’s some whammy bar and some subtle wah and …

(Laughter) There’s no whammy and there’s no wah in any of that. I don’t have a whammy bar and I don’t have a wah pedal.

Oh, man, what an idiot I am. That tells you how closely I listen. I’m sorry. That’s just all your regular vibrato?

Yeah; it’s pretty much all in my fingers.

The song hes talking about isthis

I very much think hes lying, but if there is any way of getting wah and whammy like hes claiming, Id very much like to know. Or is he just talking out his ass...
Marty Friedman is GOD!

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1
which solo?
Gear
- Synyster Schecter Standard
- Peavey Vyper 15

I'm currently using Cubase 5 for any recording purposes.
You can get both effects with just your hands. As far as I'm aware, it's a combination of dynamics and volume/tone control. That is, play it different ways and try messing with your knobs. It's not easy, but it can be done.
A wah is basically just a tone pot in pedal form. So if your badass, you could rip some hammer/ pull shit with your lefty and roll on the tone with your right and see what that sounds like. Change your tone pot to a one Meg pot and you'll be good to go. that's what Danny Gatton did anyway.
He also had his dingus box though. Can't live without the dingus!