So, I've been wanting to replace the pickups on my js30 Randy Rhoads. I was wondering if I could replace them with any passive pickups, and if I can, if I can put two different types in there.

I've really been wanting to put a Seymour Invader in the bridge and a DiMarzio Super Distortion in the neck...
I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure you can put any passive pickups in it without changing the pot sas long as you're not switching from single coils to humbuckers or vice versa. And I assume that you have passives in it right now?
Quote by MonsterMetalMus
I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure you can put any passive pickups in it without changing the pot sas long as you're not switching from single coils to humbuckers or vice versa. And I assume that you have passives in it right now?

yeah
As far as I know you can change from any passive to any passive, it's when it goes from passive to active or vice versa that it gets all wonky lol.

Changing the pots is just a personal preference, I changed the bridge single in my Yamaha Strat copy to a humbucker and the only pot I changed was the volume one, and that's only because it was broken.
Yeah just take out what you have in there already and put in any passive pick up, it'll all work Though I would suggest looking further into a more suitable neck pickup, the Super Distortion gets VERY muddy when put in the neck. I would suggest something along the lines of a Dimarzio Super 2 which still pack a load of power but are much more suited to being in the neck position
Quote by Stevie.L.Ray
Yeah just take out what you have in there already and put in any passive pick up, it'll all work Though I would suggest looking further into a more suitable neck pickup, the Super Distortion gets VERY muddy when put in the neck. I would suggest something along the lines of a Dimarzio Super 2 which still pack a load of power but are much more suited to being in the neck position

Oh, okay. Thanks for the tip. Does anyone know about the different spacings with Dimarzio? (F space and regular)