Page 1 of 4
It's not a competition.
More friends doesn't make you cool.
More "friends" doesn't make you popular.

I'm just wondering.
I just read that the average Facebook user has 130 friends, this seemed really low to me. Really low.
I can honestly say I have met and had a good conversation with around 90% of my friends list. I could tell you various details about pretty much every person on there, bar maybe 25.

I have 554 friends.

These are made up of friends from Primary and Secondary school, College and other people I've met in various places. All of those friends add up pretty quickly. My Fb friends from school and College make up for more than the 'average' 130.

How about you? Do you think this average is too low?
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
120. I have a small circle of friends, and I basically hate everyone. Including you, reader.
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412

And they're all fake accounts I made so I don't look lonely.
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
166. I know who they all are.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Idk but today I added and ended up deleting this person who offered nude pics for my cell number.
530something, know all of them
Quote by Fucking loads of people who were appeasing me in order for me to write
blues_to_thrash, you are the master of epic lulz

My Music

2K11

I can honestly say I know about 1000 of them. The other 500 people are people I've met like once and they add me/I add them

I should tidy it up really and that would be a more accurate reflection.
Last edited by Tanglewoodguit at Dec 22, 2011,
Only actually talk to 10 of them regularly. And most other people I talk to on a regular basis don't have an account.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
299, but I keep deleting them so the number is decreasing.
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

My Tumblr: Lots of artist recommendations, album reviews, and ideas about music (as well as some film and bike stuff).

Go Sharks! Go Wings! Go Flyers! Go Kings!
169. I know a lot of people, I just don't go adding random people.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus
Jackson King V
Jackson Kelly
Handmade Gibson Les Paul
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100/JCM900 1960 Lead cab
Quote by Vauxite

I can honestly say I have met and had a good conversation with around 90% of my friends list. I could tell you various details about pretty much every person on there, bar maybe 25.

I have about 125.

Whether I know someone or not isn't really the important part, it's whether I want to 1) Keep in contact with them and 2) Read about what's going on in their lives. If neither applies I see no reason to be friends with people just because I used to know them.
Quote by bastards
120. I have a small circle of friends, and I basically hate everyone. Including you, reader.

This man has considerable style, and he also speaks for me and many of my friends.
I purged from about 2000 to 250ish. Now my friend list is completely hidden for me and anybody browsing my profile. So I don't know what it's at exactly, or care really. I basically got rid of all my school acquaintances that I do not actually talk to. From middle school, high school and uni. Also got rid of people I added after meeting them one time via overlapping social circles. Or people I met while traveling and will probably never see again. Removed anybody from work except for two guys and a girl I trust.

That average sounds about right. I think it just means most people only friend people that know really well. And not many people know more than 100 others extremely well. And you gotta consider that the majority of that average is going to be family members. Then school friends. Then work friends. Then friends from hobbies. And for younger people, friends from online gaming. It seems about right.
Last edited by BlackVoid at Dec 22, 2011,
200. Mostly people I knew vaguely from school/university. And then, most of them I didn't really know, I just happened to be in the same classes as them.

In fact, I probably know some of the guys I game against better than most of my facebook friends, and these are chaps I've never met in real life, just talk to over mumble every so often...

And I often notice my number of friends fluctuate a bit, as people clear out their friends lists and stuff. I reckon it was closer to 210 not that long ago, and I don't have a clue who might have removed me. So that means that they're no great loss if I couldn't even remember who's missing.
278, all of which are hot girls in bikinis.
Two bands I'm obsessed about : Coheed and Cambria.
235. If someone wants to be my friend, sure. I don't go adding people though.

I've hidden all those people who I don't care for. I only have updates from people I see and/or are amusing.
I live near Lake Bodom WORSHIP MEEEEEEE

Quote by Sami Philadelph
LOL, for some reason the impression I get from you is like some wacky Frank Zappa of metal pulling pranks at the Grammys and telling crude jokes during interviews.

mostly from my school, circle of friends that extends outside of school and a few people here and there that i've met just once. I don't really add people who i haven't met much so there would probably be >5 people in that category
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Quote by Maxico
311. I know/met almost all of them at least twice. Half of them are closer friends. However Idon't see me cracking the 500 mark, since I find it quiet hard to maintain that many "friendships".

How can one have 150 close friends? I consider myself a pretty social person but there are less than 20 people I'd consider close friends.
Quote by Telecaster7
This man has considerable style, and he also speaks for me and many of my friends.

If I didn't have to call you Telecaster I'd have said something meaner
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
26, and I talk regularly with about 5 of them. The rest are filler, really.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Around 100. Don't really add or accept people unless i know them.
It's gonna be a blue day
Quote by bastards
If I didn't have to call you Telecaster I'd have said something meaner

I don't know if that's an insult or a compliment, but considering none of my Facebook friends will talk to me, I'm willing to take either.
I did have like 120 or so, but then I realized that I didn't care about 100 of them, I knew them, just didn't care about them. Now I have like 20 friends, all of whom I talk to on a regular basis in and outside of Facebook chat.
Just under 500. I've met about 95%, the rest are people that have added me for whatever reasons. I don't care about around 200 of those. I think the average is so low because of all those accounts that don't have pics or anything that have clearly been made and never used, there's millions of those.
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
I have like 50 but I don't talk to any of them.
Quote by fearofthemark
at your avatar

Quote by due 07
Your avatar had me in stitches for a good two minutes.
263. I know the majority of them well enough; there are second to none there whom I do not really know.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
236, I know most, but not all of them.
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

5,000 ...... - 4,777
Gear:
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain Top Cherry Sunburst
-Peavey Vypyr 15
-Ernie Ball Regular Slinky 0.10
-Jim Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah pedal
-Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal
-Cleartone instrument cable