i have been tinkering around with superior drummer a bit lately, and try as i might, i can't seem to achieve that high ass snare tone. some pretty close examples of what i'm trying for would be ahumado granujo, carnal diaphragma, last days of humanity, devourment, what have you.
i can get it pretty close sounding when it's solo'd, but as soon as more aggresive overheads, and even worse, guitars, enter the equation, it flattens out a lot and just becomes kind of splat or knock.
so in short, i need to know the optimal drum,approximate eq curve, and any other funny shit that i might be missing.
thanks
Quote by Magero
I am a deathcore musician. I am above mere mortal minds.
What kits are you using? In general, what you're looking for is a small(er) snare, preferably steel/brass/etc. and it's EXTREMELY common for the snare wires to be turned off with something like that, for that ringy, "trash can" sound (example: click this). I don't know if the NY Avatar kit has samples with the snares off, but Drumkit from Hell does, and you can use those samples with Superior. The 14" Pearl would be perfect.
Quote by Steve08
What kits are you using? In general, what you're looking for is a small(er) snare, preferably steel/brass/etc. and it's EXTREMELY common for the snare wires to be turned off with something like that, for that ringy, "trash can" sound (example: click this). I don't know if the NY Avatar kit has samples with the snares off, but Drumkit from Hell does, and you can use those samples with Superior. The 14" Pearl would be perfect.

thanks. i was sure you'd get this one . actually, all i have is metalheads and NY, NY has a few with the wires off option, metalheads has none. which sucks cos it does have two 14" pearls, if i'm not mistaken. i've been using the hasch maple on NY so far, but that doesn't have the option, and the ones that do, i generally am not in love with, so i figure if i can eq one of them properly, which i cannot of yet, and maybe tune it up a bit, it would be passable. will look into getting dfh. thanks.

edit - and yeah, that vid has basically what i'm looking for, although i'd like a bit more body to it... i've forgotten what band actually initially made me want this sound.

edit again - falsesteve, if youre still down to help me, this is basically what i'm working with (disregard song being shitty)
http://www.mediafire.com/?m19mc8h1ymxhne7
Quote by Magero
I am a deathcore musician. I am above mere mortal minds.
Last edited by ambivalent615 at Dec 24, 2011,