Page 1 of 10
Christmas/New Year Mafia

Since winter is here, I will be hosting a game of mafia. It will be a 15 person game, with standard roles. The goal of this game is for the town team to eliminate the mafia team through day lynches and power roles. The town wins when all mafia are eliminated. Mafia wins when they outnumber or equal town. The game is divided into two cycles, a 48 hour day and a 24 hour night. Day consists of the town searching for scum and attempting to lynch them. Night is when the mafia/blue power roles use their actions.

Rules: No Pms
Do not role claim on d1.
Do not out your scum team.
Do not post screen shots of role pm.
No flameing.
Expect hidden roles!
VOTING FOR LYNCHES WILL DONE IN SIGNATURES IN THIS FORMAT ##VOTE: ANVIL
Roles:
Town:
Vanilla Townie
You are a basic townsman. You can vote for lynches and hide at night. You win when all scum die.
Detective
Once a night you may check the role/alignment of a player
Insane Detective
You may check any player, but all checks come back scum. You are not told your alignment.
Miller
All checks on you are scum.

Town Power Roles
Vigilante
You may shoot one person a game during the night phase.
Veteran
You are a tough man, and it takes two shots to kill you. Still killed by lynch.
Medic
You may choose one player to visit and protect each night.

Scum
Goon
You may kill one man a night.
Roleblocker
You may prevent any persons night action each night.
Godfather
You have one unstoppable kill a night plus all checks on you come back vanilla townie.

Third party
Serial killer
You have a vengeance to carry out. One kill a night, and you win if you survive the game and all scum or town are eliminated.
Jester
You are a suicidal man, but can't do it yourself. You win when you are lynched. You lose if you die any other way or survive.

1 Tanglewoodguit
2 moscespanol
3 due 07
4 mulefish
5 IRISH_PUNK13
6 FlashNinja
7 afatguitarist
8 Anchr
9 Burgery
10 Gonzaw
11 GoxGetterxGuy
12 FlyingP
13 stratdud39
14 Blackholesun00
15 isabiggles
The game will start the day after sign ups fill. Do not play if you can't post once a cycle/vote. If you don't post/vote, you will be mod killed. PM me if you have any questions about the setup. Breaks will be taken for holidays/events.
Signups closed.
Vote for lynch here:
Vote for lynch here

D1 postD2 post
Last edited by anvil is god at Dec 30, 2011,
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
Do the pit know how to play?

I'm /in I guess, but I doubt this'll fill.

I know, but i am so bored and the group could use one or two more regulars.
Quote by moscaespañol
If you explain to me I may play

Each player is given a role. Their are two alignments, a town and mafia. You then discuss in the thread and dissect the posts of people, trying to figure out their alignment. At the end of the day, you vote for who to kill and reveal their role. You repeat this until you arrive at the point where one team wins. Each death informs you about players because of past interactions with the lynched player. If you want to know more, ask tangle. He is more experienced than me. The group. Check out past games to get the gist of it and how you play. And please spread it around the pit, i want this to actually get off of the ground.
I've always wanted to play this but it looks way too complicated <.<
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

/in

For people worried about how complicated it is: Don't worry it doesn't take long to get the hang of. And you can always ask the more experienced players.

Do not role claim on d1.

If this starts before new years will there be an extended cycle for new years eve/day?
RIP Gooze

cats
Last edited by mulefish at Dec 22, 2011,
I'm all up /In this shit.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by mulefish
/in
If this starts before new years will there be an extended cycle for new years eve/day?

Yes, and for any one who is busy, pm me and i can get you out of a modkill.
I guess I'm in. I'm not in uni so I doubt I'll forget this one is active.
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
Tom Rowell, play.

I am going skiing all day and then christmas stuff for three days, so give it a while.
EDIT: Thought it was a figure of speech.
Last edited by anvil is god at Dec 23, 2011,
Seems oddly familiar to a cardgame I know, same principle but then with werewolves =S... Count me /in
/join nigga
Quote by Anchr
Seems oddly familiar to a cardgame I know, same principle but then with werewolves =S... Count me /in

lol yes, this is basically the forum version of that game
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Last edited by Burgery at Dec 23, 2011,
\join

Do not role claim on d1.

What!!?? So what is devourke going to do on Day 1 this time? Actually contribute!!?

...Are you crazy anvil!!?

Quote by Trowzaa
I've always wanted to play this but it looks way too complicated <.<

Don't worry, playing this is easier than playing against Bolton
Last edited by gonzaw at Dec 23, 2011,
Quote by gonzaw
What!!?? So what is devourke going to do on Day 1 this time? Actually contribute!!?

...Are you crazy anvil!!?

Rumour has it that that is the reason he won't join this game. He's excuse about going away is just a cover up.
RIP Gooze

cats
Gonzaw, if you post any statistics in this game I promise I will kill you. Even if I'm not scum or vigi I will do it.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Gonzaw, if you post any statistics in this game I promise I will kill you. Even if I'm not scum or vigi I will do it.

I never posted statistics, only probabilities; so I guess I can continue doing it then since it doesn't bother anybody

EDIT: Also I didn't post any probabilities in ibanez game nor in High School Mafia, right? That has to count for something.
Lul, I remember gonzaw's probabilities. It really got out of hand at one point. Also, why can't we roleclaim on D1? That's lame.
Quote by due 07
Lul, I remember gonzaw's probabilities. It really got out of hand at one point. Also, why can't we roleclaim on D1? That's lame.

You mean Tiny Mafia?

I was just ****ing around and hyper-bored so I paste my notes just because (that game was so dead by that point).

Also if you make the setups probability-based you are not actually helping either (talking to you chaos)
Quote by gonzaw
I was just ****ing around and hyper-bored so I paste my notes just because (that game was so dead by that point).

I know the feel, but I usually just spam when that happens.
Quote by due 07

Mhm. I remember when I hosted my last pit game he flooded my PM box with questions and statistics. I wanted to modkill him so badly.
Quote by L2112Lif
Anvil, start the fucking game.
Quote by L2112Lif
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Anvil, start the fucking game.

10 players, 3 scum and 2 3rd parties.

Yeah this will be so easy for town >_>

EDIT: Should we take mafia-jester joint wins for granted and just skip to the post-game?

For instance, there are 2 scum remaining, 1 jester and 3 townies at night 3 (or something).

If scum kill a townie that night, do we still go into Day 4, knowing that scum and the jester will joint win and there will be nothing to stop it? Why don't we just skip to Post-game instantly?

Or do we take into account the possibility of the jester being stupid and helping town lynch a scum, or not claiming at all or stuff like that?
Last edited by gonzaw at Dec 23, 2011,
/join

I don't have school to worry about, so I'll actually have time for this.
Last edited by FlyingPirahna at Dec 23, 2011,
Someone should get jackal, chaos and/or coag to join. Else how will scum know who to kill night one?
RIP Gooze

cats
Quote by mulefish
Someone should get jackal, chaos and/or coag to join. Else how will scum know who to kill night one?

Smart scum would kill you night one.