Been playing acoustic guitar now for a while, but want to switch to electric (on a budget)

is the only difference between 'Fender modern player' guitars and 'squire classic vibe' guitars the name on the headstock... or is there more to it?

What should i go for?
i havent played either but at a price that close i would pay the difference for the name. The name usually means better resale value, if your gonna keep it forever, never sell it. Then just go play both pick the one YOU truly like.

Personally i would always go for the fender, hasn't failed me yet. u should also try this thread in electric guitar not guitar gear.
I always hear great things about the Squier Classic Vibe series (that they rival Mexican Fenders and such).
I haven't heard a lot about the Modern Player line, but I assume they're in keeping with Mexican Fender standards, meaning the modern player and classic vibe guitars are probably fairly close in terms of quality.

I'd personally go with a Classic Vibe, cos the Modern Player line seems somewhat gimmicky, plus I'm a strat guy as it is.

As has been said, try them out (if you can, I've not seen a Modern Player in shops yet), see what you prefer.
Modern players are made in China, & I've been advised against them by my local music shop, but since they didn't have one to try out I can't say anything about them.
Classic Vibe is going to be like a big fish in a small pond whereas the modern player is like the small fish in the big fish, and the small fish in the big pond fares better so I'd go for the Classic Vibe - I've never heard people complain about them.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
buy a used mim strat u win in every category.
-u save money they go for about 250ish, u get a nice pro junior to go with it
-u get about the same when u sell it off
-i've played mim standard's that play better than some american standards, just make sure u play it.
-u'll have a real fender this is always important
Quote by stratplyr
buy a used mim strat u win in every category.
-u save money they go for about 250ish, u get a nice pro junior to go with it
-u get about the same when u sell it off
-i've played mim standard's that play better than some american standards, just make sure u play it.
-u'll have a real fender this is always important

Not necessarily.

A used MIM strat roughly costs the same as a new Classic Vibe.
A used MIM would probably already be a tad beat up if you're getting it for a good price, so when you're through with it, it'll be even more beat and you'll have to drop the price really.
There are loads of accounts of Classic Vibes that are better than MIM strats, and few cases of MIM being better than MIA, so if you're suggesting a gamble the odds are on the CV.
The real Fender thing depends on the person. (I personally would always prefer a real Fender contrary to my argument!).

Plus it depends on what you're feeling, the CVs are made to be copies of their vintage counterparts, where MIM standard strats are modern strats.

A used MIM strat is definitely a good way to go, and should be considered an option, but I don't think it should be said that an MIM strat is a superior option the CV.
The only complaint I have with CV's is the '50s Tele- I don't know if it's because its made out of pine or what, but the thing has literally next to no sustain. It sounds great though, has that nice jangly vintage Tele vibe. But I played one side by side with an MIM Standard; I didn't very much like MIM's general tone compared to the CV, but the sustain went on for miles and made the Squier sound fairly weak by comparison.
nerd it til it Hz.
>Fender Jagstang / Epiphone SG Special / DIY/GFS Partscaster
>SBN Big Daddy Amp Blaster / Boss OS-2 / Line 6 DL-4 / DIY guitarpcb.com D'Lay
>Vox AC15C1 / Marshall 4x12
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Not necessarily.

A used MIM strat roughly costs the same as a new Classic Vibe.
A used MIM would probably already be a tad beat up if you're getting it for a good price, so when you're through with it, it'll be even more beat and you'll have to drop the price really.
There are loads of accounts of Classic Vibes that are better than MIM strats, and few cases of MIM being better than MIA, so if you're suggesting a gamble the odds are on the CV.
The real Fender thing depends on the person. (I personally would always prefer a real Fender contrary to my argument!).

Plus it depends on what you're feeling, the CVs are made to be copies of their vintage counterparts, where MIM standard strats are modern strats.

A used MIM strat is definitely a good way to go, and should be considered an option, but I don't think it should be said that an MIM strat is a superior option the CV.

Like i said, whatever u get play it, both of these guitars have high variation in manufacturing.