Quote by Nitnatsnok
A lot of Queen solos would fit in the happy major sound.

Because Brian May is a boss. I Want it All is also a good one. Actually TS, pretty much every solo is either gonna be minor (sad), major (happy) or neutral/blending with the song. But not every minor solo will sound sad, vice-versa with major.
since you already listed europe, how about let the good times rock by europe (i think kee marcello plays on it too)? the actual solo is more minor, but the lead melody bit (which pretty much is a solo anyway) sounds fairly majory.

^ +1 I mean i want it all is minor. smooth is dorian (i think, don't quote me )
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Dec 22, 2011,
Iunno if I could say I find that one really happy, but I do love said solo. xD The outro solo in The Necromancer by Rush is pretty happy in that sense, same for Fly By Night by them. If you want something a little heavier, Hard As Iron by Judas Priest has got a few sorta happy-sounding runs in it. xD
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
summer song and surfing with the aliens by joe satriani, eroctic nightmare by Steve vai. they are different that the exemple you show but they are happy sounding.
Quote by Nitnatsnok
Boston and Journey have those kind of solos as well.

good call
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Crazy Nights - Kiss
Got it:
Pacifica 604w, Hohner G3T, PRS SE Soapbar I, Schecter Ultra I
Fender 'evil' Twin, Marshall 2554 combo
"Reelin' in the Years"- Steely Dan

"2 Tickets to Paradise" - Eddie Money

And really anything by Dragonforce, but their music gets old after the second song.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
"Reelin' in the Years"- Steely Dan

"2 Tickets to Paradise" - Eddie Money

And really anything by Dragonforce, but their music gets old after the second song.

Their ballads are really good
Starfire
Dawn Over a New World (something like that)
Trail of Broken Hearts
and The Warrior's Side