Farida D32E
Walden D522 12 String

Levellers <3
Last edited by AdamDCMA at Dec 24, 2011,
I played a relatives Martin DX the last couple of days that he recently purchased. The playability was excellent and the tone was very good, I would even go as far as saying fantastic for the price. Very plain, with a natural finish, and no extra appointments, but seemed well constructed.

I never tried a Farida, I don't believe they are sold here in the U.S., but they seem to be well regarded in the UK, private reviewers all say that D32 is alot of guitar for the money.

The Martin plays and sounds great, but won't win any beauty prizes, but has the sitka top, vs the Farida with the cedar top that looks more like a higher end guitar and from what people are saying sounds very good. I have a feeling that you would be happy with either one.
I'm the only player to be sponsered by 7 guitar companies not to use their products.
Last edited by BlackbirdPie at Dec 22, 2011,
Quote by BlackbirdPie
I played a relatives Martin DX the last couple of days that he recently purchased. The playability was excellent and the tone was very good, I would even go as far as saying fantastic for the price. Very plain, with a natural finish, and no extra appointments, but seemed well constructed.

I never tried a Farida, I don't believe they are sold here in the U.S., but they seem to be well regarded in the UK, private reviewers all say that D32 is alot of guitar for the money.

The Martin plays and sounds great, but won't win any beauty prizes, but has the sitka top, vs the Farida with the cedar top that looks more like a higher end guitar and from what people are saying sounds very good. I have a feeling that you would be happy with either one.

Thanks man! It's a tough on really..
Farida D32E
Walden D522 12 String

Levellers <3
Personally I'd stay away from the DX series Martins... they just don't jive....

I'd go with a Blueridge BR-60 Contemporary. One of the best guitars for the price (IMHO).

I'd stay away from any Acoustic-electric guitars at that price range (barring a good used deal), usually the guitar is lower quality than an equivalent priced Acoustic (without electronics) with low quality electronics that make it more expensive.

http://www.gremlinmusic.co.uk/blueridge.htm
'11 Gibson LP Jr.
'07 Gretsch 5120
'69 Tele
'10 Godin 5th Ave. Kingpin
'03 Blueridge Dreadnought
'02 Custom Martin D-28
Premier Twin-8
Fender Hot Rod Dlx
Boss SD-1
Quote by Lord Kamina
Acoustic only as in not Classical?

Nope, not Classicals.
Farida D32E
Walden D522 12 String

Levellers <3
Not a big tanglewood fan.
Farida D32E
Walden D522 12 String

Levellers <3
Last edited by AdamDCMA at Dec 24, 2011,
Quote by drteletubbie
The s6 original.

Yeah, I might.
Farida D32E
Walden D522 12 String

Levellers <3
Quote by AdamDCMA
Yeah, I might.

No, not might, will =) If you want a somewhat cheaper alt to the s6, you could consider the Yamaha FG730S which I have =). In comparison, the s6 has a slight more mellowy sound to it but is more or less the same.
the s6 sounds great, is well made and has a wider neck. for me, the wider neck is a mega plus. if you're not looking for a wider neck, you can always get an s6 slim, which is the same guitar with a more slender neck.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Quote by patticake
the s6 sounds great, is well made and has a wider neck. for me, the wider neck is a mega plus. if you're not looking for a wider neck, you can always get an s6 slim, which is the same guitar with a more slender neck.

out of all the links i've posted, would you go for the S6?
Farida D32E
Walden D522 12 String

Levellers <3
absolutely. in fact, once upon a time, that was the one i bought.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
I like to play alot of Drop D stuff. Is the bass good?
Farida D32E
Walden D522 12 String

Levellers <3
the bass is nice, but it's a very balanced guitar - not just bass heavy. i thought mine sounded good tuned down some. if you're looking for heavy bass, you might want to try the martin x series. to me, they don't have the complexity of tone that the s6 has, and i don't care for the 1 11/16" nut, but the x series dreads definitely have some boom.
Quote by Skeet UK
Quote by patticake
the bass is nice, but it's a very balanced guitar - not just bass heavy. i thought mine sounded good tuned down some. if you're looking for heavy bass, you might want to try the martin x series. to me, they don't have the complexity of tone that the s6 has, and i don't care for the 1 11/16" nut, but the x series dreads definitely have some boom.

It's a tough call!
Farida D32E
Walden D522 12 String

Levellers <3
The problem is, I can't try them.
Farida D32E
Walden D522 12 String

Levellers <3