Alright fellows, I'm starting a band soon and I need some proper amplification. I've got a Cube but it ain't doing it for me. So, I am in the need for a good and cheap(-900$) tube amp for live use. I wanna play something prog/psychedelic rock like Pink Floyd and such. I appreciate any help!
Well, few amps that pop in to my mind (new or used)
Peavey Classic
Fender Hot Rod
Marshall Vintage Modern (might be just a bit too expensive)
Blackstar HT series (not all tube, very modern sounding and also pretty versatile)
Laney LC&VC series
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Used mesa MarkIV combo.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Certain effects are gonna be specific to your genre: Delay, various modulation effects (vibe/univibe, chorus, flanger, phaser), fuzz (this is a big one if you are gonna play pink floyd type stuff), and overdrive/boost. Do you have any of these?

If not, I would suggest picking up either a handful of good pedals to cover your bases or something like a Line 6 M9; either way, this will amount to about $300-400.

Left with $500-$600 for an amp, with gigging in mind, you might look for a Peavey Classic 30/50 or XXX/Ultra/Ultra+, Mesa/Boogie Nomad 45/55, Egnater Tweaker/Rebel 30, Line 6 Vetta (This would eliminate your need for many effects), Axe-Fx I (Same situation as the Vetta), Bugera V55, or Jet City JCA50. I may be missing some here...
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
Alright, well I don't have that many effects honestly. I have overdrive/boost/distortion. Idk, should I focus on getting that first?
I have a Peavey Valveking 212. A lot of people bash it, but I find that it's an awesome (and affordable) amp. The stock tubes and speakers are sub-par, but if you have $900 to spend, you can get a VK212 and get some JJ tubes and some Celestion Vintage 30s in there, it turns from a little beast, to a vicious beast capable of anything you throw at it.
Where abouts are you located mate? The used market can find you some awesome deals. Something like a Hiwatt will get you great PF tones. But I'm thinking if you can find a Sunn used somewhere...I don't know how much they go for though sorry.

Used Orange TH30? Thunderverb?
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Quote by MatthewLeisher
I have a Peavey Valveking 212. A lot of people bash it, but I find that it's an awesome (and affordable) amp. The stock tubes and speakers are sub-par, but if you have $900 to spend, you can get a VK212 and get some JJ tubes and some Celestion Vintage 30s in there, it turns from a little beast, to a vicious beast capable of anything you throw at it.

It's not that the VK is a bad amp, it's that by the time you spend all the money to upgrade it into something decent you could have bought something much better.

Anyway, the Peavey Classic 30, Traynor YCV40/50, and VOX AC30 are all worth taking a look at.
Alright, so I'm from Denmark, and the Peavey Classic 50 is way more expensive than the 30. I like those two especially. I checked some auctions and figured out the 50's were like 725$ in average. Now with the effects I can add 690$. Yes, I know, Denmark is extremely expensive!
Peavey Valveking. Mod it. Profit.

Or you've got the classic 30 at thomann for about $850.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
The Crate V series is pretty good too.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
What should I go for, Peavey Classic 30 or 50? Can I play loud enough withe the 30 at 3k+ shows?
Quote by RiffsanBridges
What should I go for, Peavey Classic 30 or 50? Can I play loud enough withe the 30 at 3k+ shows?

3k what? fans? Any venue that big should have a PA. So, yes.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Quote by RiffsanBridges

I recommend going with the 50, for the added securty of headroom. Always better to have more than enough wattage, and not need it, than to not have enough in a case where you may need it. Always.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
The 30 and 50 have a bit different sound. I think the 30 sounds better, so I'd go with that. Mic, PA.
Quote by Todd Hart

Quote by mystical_1

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
I was wondering, since there's a big difference in price and wattage between the 30 and 50, can't I just buy the 30 and modify it's speaker to one with more watt?
Nope, that's not how it works. Though a new speaker is a good idea anyway. Peavey's speakers are not so fun. But 30 watts will get you a long way.
Quote by Todd Hart

Quote by mystical_1

Quote by snipelfritz
What do you mean?
Quote by Todd Hart

Quote by mystical_1

Quote by snipelfritz
Nvm, I figured out. But thanks everybody, I guess I've found what I've been looking for.