I'm going to go look at this guitar and amp tomorrow as a xmas present for my g/f son. It will be his first one thats why I'm going cheap. The seller hasnt left really any detail about it so I was wondering if you guys could tell me more about it before I possibly waste my money. Thanks

http://london.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-musical-instruments-guitars-Silvertone-SG-copy-W0QQAdIdZ338909757
"Spin the middle side topwise. Topwise!"

"And there's Jimmy Page, the biggest thief of American Blues music"
There's just so many of these cheap SG copies about - can't tell if this ones any good from photos - sorry.
For the price, if it tunes up and has less than a 3/16inch action at 12th fret will be fine. Beware twisted, loose or bent neck. If you can't play - get the guy to play it for you.
Oh, get the kid an electronic tuner too.
Quote by PSimonR
There's just so many of these cheap SG copies about - can't tell if this ones any good from photos - sorry.
For the price, if it tunes up and has less than a 3/16inch action at 12th fret will be fine. Beware twisted, loose or bent neck. If you can't play - get the guy to play it for you.
Oh, get the kid an electronic tuner too.

Thanks. Yah, I've played for about 8 years now, its just that I've only bought 2 guitars in that time and never anything this cheap
"Spin the middle side topwise. Topwise!"

"And there's Jimmy Page, the biggest thief of American Blues music"
if it works when you test it out (given that you play, I am going to assume that you plan on testing it), and it doesn't take too much effort to physically play, it should be fine.

anytime a first guitar is a gift, its a bit of a gamble in the sense that you don't know if the recipient will actually play the thing or not. this should be a good starting point (if everything checks out) in the sense that its cheap enough that it wont be a huge deal if the kid barely uses it. if the love guitar, great. they get a better one next year then
I wouldn't risk buying a guitar for a kid. He'll treat it terribly, kill your girlfriend's ears and then he'll forget about it a few days later.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!