Page 1 of 2
Ok so I'm playing alot of punk rock just because it's easy, I can practice strumming. So I got a ds1 but it's sounds like crap. So many unnecessary buzz and fuzz. What do you guys think I should do? Put another pedal in front of it or what? If so which?
git nu amp
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
One word, ISP Decimator.
Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.

- Berthold Auerbach

Quote by jbridge90
Wow, being surrounded by all of these humourless, pussy-whipped virgins is starting to make me sick.

Check out my band!
It could be anything from a lousy amp (what you need is a new amp), your guitar cables, OR your cheap starter guitar with lousy single coil over noisy pickups.

Right now you should worry about your technique, and worry about your sound later.
BLANKBLANK
Use it with the clean channel of your amp. I remember when I first got mine and being the noob I am used it over an already heavily distorted MG lol.
so take it back
and get this:
Whenever the Will to Power, in no matter what form, begins to decline, a physiological retrogression, decadence always supervenes.
-Friedrich Nietzsche
well, maybe you are bad at tone finding, because a ds-1 can actually sound okay, believe it or not experienced guitarists. also, using distortion, you will have feed back of some sort
like one guy said - make sure you are using it on the clean setting of your amp.
also, start with low distortion and build it up until you reach the amount you want.
finally, like many others said, if you have a low end guitar, and/or a low end amp those are part of the problem as well. and most importantly, focus on learning to play in a clean tone before you go distorting your mistakes. (dont forget a metronome. practice without it is going to really set you back. I learned this the hard way)
Quote by Duffman123
Use it with the clean channel of your amp. I remember when I first got mine and being the noob I am used it over an already heavily distorted MG lol.

this
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by CoolMcAwesome
like one guy said - make sure you are using it on the clean setting of your amp.
also, start with low distortion and build it up until you reach the amount you want.
finally, like many others said, if you have a low end guitar, and/or a low end amp those are part of the problem as well. and most importantly, focus on learning to play in a clean tone before you go distorting your mistakes. (dont forget a metronome. practice without it is going to really set you back. I learned this the hard way)

this.
You can remove one of the clipping diodes to take some of the cheesy distortion off and give it a more overdrive-like sound. Doing this and running it through some decent speakers will give you a nicer sound (in my opinion), assuming that atm you're using a cheap starter amp.

Quote by Duffman123

And this.
Last edited by SlayingDragons at Dec 22, 2011,
Quote by Kid Lucas
What do you guys think I should do? Put another pedal in front of it or what? If so which?

Yes. Put another DS-1 in front of it. And just keep doing that until it sounds good.
what i like is combining it with the super overdrive pedal, turn the gains up all the way and get a crushing overdrive distortion to blow your amp out

perfect for stoner rock and it gets a similar sound to hendrix
Quote by Alex Vik
Yes. Put another DS-1 in front of it. And just keep doing that until it sounds good.

this.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
It isn't necessary to use it. You might just want to use it to bring solos to life.
Find the amp tone you like the most and use the pedal to maximize it.
Quote by Kid Lucas
Ok so I'm playing alot of punk rock just because it's easy, I can practice strumming. So I got a ds1 but it's sounds like crap. So many unnecessary buzz and fuzz. What do you guys think I should do? Put another pedal in front of it or what? If so which?

Yup. Do that. In fact, the more DS-1s you put in front of eachother, the more tone you get. Just buy a bunch more and stack them.

Edit: Dammit. Beaten.
I hate my sig
get a keeley mod and be steve vai

or just suck less at guitar.its not a bed pedal,so its most likely you are they problem,then your amp,then your guitar, then coreysmonster
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
what i like is combining it with the super overdrive pedal, turn the gains up all the way and get a crushing overdrive distortion to blow your amp out

perfect for stoner rock and it gets a similar sound to hendrix

Yes this was exactly what I was thinking

Btw I have a standard les Paul with a 15 Roland cube
I love the way people spend like a grand on their guitar then buy a £100 practice amp even though most of the tone comes from the amp.

*Owns a Gibson Les Paul with a Vox VT amp >_>*
Should I buy a turbo/distortion pedal or put a super overdrive in front of a ds1?

If my Roland cube is no good for a beginner what do you recommend? The epiphany costs me like 500 bucks
Quote by Kid Lucas
Should I buy a turbo/distortion pedal or put a super overdrive in front of a ds1?

If my Roland cube is no good for a beginner what do you recommend? The epiphany costs me like 500 bucks

Not sure if trolling or just noob...
Quote by Kid Lucas

Mate just spend like a day in the gear section of this forum, you'll never need to ask questions like that again lol.
Quote by booby50
Not sure if trolling or just noob...

Play on overdrive and add a little ds1 distortion?
Quote by WantsLesPaul
i tink the pedal works best with a marshall mg halfstack but with a combo it sounds small and buzzy

lol u noob. i have the 15 watt mg and I get a realy fat sound by running it through a bass amp.
Quote by LRCGUITAR
lol u noob. i have the 15 watt mg and I get a realy phat sound by running it through a bass amp.

Fixed
I got the same damn thing, but if you actually know how to use it, it can sound pretty good. Although from what I hear you should've really gotten the Ibanez tube screamer
I've found your problem. You bought a DS-1.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Page 1 of 2