So I revamped an old song I'd written that was centered around a IV - VI - V progression. It has some piano in it and a 6/8 break. I'd class as some sort of poppy post-hardcore/metalcore; ir something of that nature.

Anyhow, check it out. And as always, C4C.

Finished/Bettered the song see post #5.
Attachments:
New Riff+Solo.gp5
The clock strikes midnight
When tomorrow and today collide
The moon is at its highest
And the twilight seems fitting
For in these moments
The light at the end of the world
Shines like a thousand suns....

Victor Gutierrez
Last edited by bassburton at Mar 19, 2012,
I really liked this.

I think I'd like to see the verse repeated once more.

The harmony section was great, but for the build-up section I was expecting there to be more notes instead of letting the last note ring for an entire measure.

Not sure I like what the guitar is doing bars 107-108, didn't fit in very well.

The piano(s) were great overall, very well written.

Good song, would like to give it a listen if you ended up recording it for sure.
All is ghost in memory and poison in the sun
I really like your choice of chords, the bridge could be a bit more "fun" and yeah, 107-108 was a bit weird, other than that, pretty solid tune
That piano intro at the beginning is really nice. The next part, bars 5-12 is good as well, the guitar part fits very well with the piano.

The chorus is great, you could have made the bass a bit more interesting, but I think its just me with that problem (bass is a really underated instrument imo).

The bridge is kind of boring, but it works so its alright. You could have added a bit of piano in the there to spice it up or something. Similar problem with the 6/8 break really.

The solo's nice, and the guitar and piano section is great, really enjoyable. The harmony was pretty good and so was the ending. I enjoyed the song, nice work.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1506624
So I added a bunch of stuff, and made it a little less repetitive (I hope). Let's see what you think.
Attachments:
New Riff+Solo.gp5
The clock strikes midnight
When tomorrow and today collide
The moon is at its highest
And the twilight seems fitting
For in these moments
The light at the end of the world
Shines like a thousand suns....

Victor Gutierrez
Last edited by bassburton at Mar 19, 2012,
Quote by bassburton
So I added a bunch of stuff, and made it a little less repetitive (I hope). Let's see what you think.

The piano works very well into the song, and I really like the melody it's playing in the choruses. You also did a good job of smoothly incorporating the tempo changes. The section starting at measure 69 reminds me a bit of the intro to All That Remains's "Six." The 6/8 section after that serves as a good buildup to the solo, which is also good in its own right, being melodic and overall fun to listen to. The ending feels a bit strange, but it definitely works, and has a very resolving feel to it.

Overall, good work. It never really gets boring or grating to listen to, there's plenty of good melodies in there, and I love the tempo changes. I would have liked to hear a bit more piano throughout the whole song, instead of it just popping up for the choruses. I really think measures 41-52 could have had some going on; not a lot, but enough to help fill out the empty space a bit.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1526924
C4C?