I like it, guitars are good and the band is tight, only problem was sometimes i couldn't quite understand the vocals as they seem a little low in the mix but otherwise i'm loving it
My Guitars:
Epiphone Flying V
Westfield SG
Laney Lc15110 230 G Tube Combo 15W
Presonus Audiobox USB

check out http://soundcloud.com/
eddiechance
This is not my style of music and I know that in a modern kick should be a lot of upper mids, but in this case you kinda went to far. In my oppinion the kick sounds nothing but ridicoulous. I'd defenitly cut some of the upper mids.

Second thing are the vocals, they sound fine, but get totally lost in the mix. Turn the up at least a bit.

Also, the whole mix in the beginning sounds really scooped to me, not sure if that's intentionally. It kind of sounds to me as if the song was mixed on a stereo with a midbump. But I kinda doubt that, considering the overall quality of the song.

Well, you guys sound tight, and with exception of the thing I mentioned above this is definetly pro material! You kind of remind me of Ignite on some parts, especially the vocals.

C4C?

Gear:
Ibanez SZ320 -> Höfner Analouge Delay -> MXR GT-OD -> Laney GH50L -> T.C.Electronics GMajor -> Line6 4x12 w/ Celestion G12T-75

My Lyrics and Poems

"with golden hair and perfect eyes,

with hollow words and empty lies."
Quote by OrangeWalls
This is not my style of music and I know that in a modern kick should be a lot of upper mids, but in this case you kinda went to far. In my oppinion the kick sounds nothing but ridicoulous. I'd defenitly cut some of the upper mids.

Second thing are the vocals, they sound fine, but get totally lost in the mix. Turn the up at least a bit.

Also, the whole mix in the beginning sounds really scooped to me, not sure if that's intentionally. It kind of sounds to me as if the song was mixed on a stereo with a midbump. But I kinda doubt that, considering the overall quality of the song.

Well, you guys sound tight, and with exception of the thing I mentioned above this is definetly pro material! You kind of remind me of Ignite on some parts, especially the vocals.

C4C?

Thanks for the constructive feedback! This obviously isn't perfect, but this is our first ever kind of release and we believe that although it's nothing amazing, it's a good, solid foundation.

Thanks for taking the time to check it out!
Agree with the other comments about the vocals not being mixed quite right, but aside from that I thought this was a good recording.

For the song itself, I liked it - a bit heavier than I usually listen to, but probably the sort of thing I'd have included in the shuffle on my PM3 player.

The only crit is that the ending came a bit suddenly, however I have mixed up thoughts about that: although I was expecting the song to carry on a bit longer than it did, I also kind of like the fact that you didn't attempt to drag it out too long and throw extra sections into it just for the sake of extending it.

C4C here, here, or here.
You can do any or all of them, if you do more than one feel free to post a link to anything else you've done for comments.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
Agree with the other comments about the vocals not being mixed quite right, but aside from that I thought this was a good recording.

For the song itself, I liked it - a bit heavier than I usually listen to, but probably the sort of thing I'd have included in the shuffle on my PM3 player.

The only crit is that the ending came a bit suddenly, however I have mixed up thoughts about that: although I was expecting the song to carry on a bit longer than it did, I also kind of like the fact that you didn't attempt to drag it out too long and throw extra sections into it just for the sake of extending it.

C4C here, here, or here.
You can do any or all of them, if you do more than one feel free to post a link to anything else you've done for comments.

Cheers, man We don't have anything else up on here just yet but I'll have a listen to your stuff
This sounds sweet man. The guitar/bass/drums are very tight. The vocals are a bit empty in a sense. I don't believe it's the vocalist, I just think it's not 100% EQ'd properly. Perhaps some more high end definition in the vocals?

As for the song, it's really well written, has some really cool solo's and everything flows well. I could see myself listening to you guys in my car if i had a CD ahahah.

Crit for crit? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1506774
Quote by BloodReverence
This sounds sweet man. The guitar/bass/drums are very tight. The vocals are a bit empty in a sense. I don't believe it's the vocalist, I just think it's not 100% EQ'd properly. Perhaps some more high end definition in the vocals?

As for the song, it's really well written, has some really cool solo's and everything flows well. I could see myself listening to you guys in my car if i had a CD ahahah.

Crit for crit? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1506774

Thanks a lot for the feedback, man! Maybe my vocals aren't quite aggressive enough? This song is more in my lower range until the chorus where I hit my higher range. This is our first good recording and we believe this Ep will be a good, solid foundation for the band. Thank you again, I will listen to your track
Holy guitar tone! I am jeleous! This is definately right up my alley as for as the guitars go. Well done! As for the drums i think their might be just a little too much "click" to the bass drum and i might add a little reverb to the toms just to make them a bit bigger as some of the fills sounded flat. As for the vocals It leaves a bit left to be desired. no doubt this is an awesome band live. I'd bet they have a great turnout and a great following! Loved the song and still drooling over the guitars! You might try replacing the bass drum and the snare with a good sample? Anyways, thats being really picky and i could see popping this in the car and singing along (IF I had been to a show)... I dont think it packs a big punch tho on its own.
Quote by surjer
Holy guitar tone! I am jeleous! This is definately right up my alley as for as the guitars go. Well done! As for the drums i think their might be just a little too much "click" to the bass drum and i might add a little reverb to the toms just to make them a bit bigger as some of the fills sounded flat. As for the vocals It leaves a bit left to be desired. no doubt this is an awesome band live. I'd bet they have a great turnout and a great following! Loved the song and still drooling over the guitars! You might try replacing the bass drum and the snare with a good sample? Anyways, thats being really picky and i could see popping this in the car and singing along (IF I had been to a show)... I dont think it packs a big punch tho on its own.

Thanks for the comment, bro Feel free to check out some of the live videos, even though all of them are from 2010 they still might give you a bit of an impression of us. To say the least though, we have improved ALOT of the last year. Again, thanks!