Hi guys,
my name is calvin and I'm currently in the market for a marshall 100 watt valve amp.
I play mostly funk and rock/psychedelic rock(huge chili peppers/hendrix influence).
I am using the amp both at home and for jamming with others, with the possibility of us doing some live work in the future if we find time.
I am restricted to spend under £800 for a head and cab(preferably marshall but open to suggestions).
I have no preference to a brand new or used product, however I would like this to last atleast 10 years.
my current gear: vox valvetronix 30w amp, fender stratocaster, ibanez wh-10 wah, boss ds-2 distortion, big muff tone/wicker, boss super chorus, holy grail+.
I live in edinburgh, Scotland.
only ever tried a marshall jcm 800 i think it was, and have a compelling need to get power like that for myself. I also love the idea of a stack, but due to budget restrictions I think i may even be stretched for a half stack.
I think that's all the info you guys will need to help me out here. I really have no idea where to start.
thanks very much all
used JCM 800 combo.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
you wont get a 100w marshall valve amp for only £800 in your life. even so, 100w is too loud for most gigs let alone home practise! 50w will easily be loud enough for both gigs and home practise.
Quote by itamar100
you wont get a 100w marshall valve amp for only £800 in your life. even so, 100w is too loud for most gigs let alone home practise! 50w will easily be loud enough for both gigs and home practise.

yeah i thought i was being rather hopeful/excessive. do you have any suggestions for where to pick up a used 50w? websites etc. local shops are not looking promising...
Quote by slashfan226
Always check gumtree
recently picked up a used marshall tsl602 for £200

thank you very much, never even crossed my mind.