Hey all!

I have a Epi LP Custom with Gibson 57 classic and Gibson 57Classic+ .

I like it very much but I also really LOVE the sound of the P94's. I was wondering if I could maybe put one in my Les Paul ? Is that a good idea ? Or is a combination of GIbson 57 and P94 a bad idea ?

If I was to do that, what would be the best ? Keep the 57 Classic or the Classic Plus ?

Thanks!!!

EDIT:
Amp : Fender Blues Jr.
Genre : Rock : The Strokes, Modest Mouse...
Last edited by alans056 at Dec 22, 2011,
i put a bridge p94 in my lp and i really like it. it has a really great beefy but clear sound. BUT, it is much quieter than my neck humbucker even though its closer to the strings and its also much noisier. I will soon be getting new humbuckers and replacinging it with them coz im getting a strat so i will not have any use for the p90 anymore but it sounds really awesome.
Thanks for answering! So you would suggest putting a P94 in the neck, instead of my 57Classic ? Would there be a big difference?
there would be more clarity and itd sound more ballsy and warm but itd be lower output and slightly less versatile.

EDIT: yes, i would suggest putting it in the neck position. Just make sure you get the P94R (neck pickup) rather than P94T (bridge pickup).
Last edited by itamar100 at Dec 22, 2011,
they wont handle stuff like metal/very high distortion as well as a humbucker. otherwise, they can play most style that humbuckers can.
Right well I'm not into that stuff, I'm mostly rock! So the difference is worth the while ?
There will be a noticable difference in sound, whether it's worthwhile is an opinion. I feel that it's worthwhile unless you already have a strat in which case you really don't need it.
Thanks!

But I mainly use the bridge pickup mostly, and the neck only for songs that require a little "synthisizer tone" . Would it sound really bad if I put a P94 in the bridge ?
No it wouldn't but you might come to occasionally miss the higher output of a bridge humbucker. All personal preference though.