http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odVp5btqcfE

Looks like it's official, there's going to be a Marshall Joe Satriani sig.
It's been pretty apparent that Joe's been touring with a modified JVM recently (I thought it was just a JVM with a Noisegate), but according to this video it's actually been a prototype of a Joe Satriani signature amp.

Wondering how it'll turn out, Joe's been sounding much better since he's moved to Marshall (but not as good as he did when he used Marshall pre-Peavey!) so it may be a good amp.

Doubt there'll be much info on it for a while though.
Quote by conor-figgy
*Cough*Gear in my sig*cough*

:cough: Marshall :cough: Not Peavey.
This was in a magazine in October as reported by the man himself, definitely true.
Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?

http://www.youtube.com/user/Joeseffel

Quote by smcstoronto1234

So very true...
Quote by Sputnik1
That took a long time

said ages ago on a rig rundown that it would be out around december 2011 and NAMM 2012 isnt that far afterwards so its no exactly bad.... unlike the Bugera Mesa copies which were supposed to be out frickin' ages ago and yet havent graced any stores in the world

im psyched for this amp tbh, if what he said in the rig rundown is what the amp is gonna be its basically all the good stuff about the JVM410 without any of the bad stuff so pretty cool if you ask me
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Quote by Sputnik1
:cough: Marshall :cough: Not Peavey.

I know, I was doing the hipster thing... "I had his older signature amp, before he went all mainstream with marshall"
Quote by conor-figgy
I know, I was doing the hipster thing... "I had his older signature amp, before he went all mainstream with marshall"

Dude, I totally liked his tone before he, like, completely sold out with Peavey.

Quote by Punk_Ninja
Dude, I totally liked his tone before he, like, completely sold out with Peavey.

I know a hipster, talking to him is not a fun experience. He's studying classics and philosophy...
Quote by shredftw
unlike the Bugera Mesa copies which were supposed to be out frickin' ages ago and yet haven't graced any stores in the world

I believe these amplifiers have been canceled (at least in the U.S.A.) by lawsuits and because of Bugera's refusal to submit its new tube amplifiers to the FCC for certification (who knows why?).
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by conor-figgy
I know a hipster, talking to him is not a fun experience. He's studying classics and philosophy...

I know a couple of hipsters also, they're pretty mild compared to some I've heard about though.

Though it's getting slightly off-topic, I actually heard about a friend who had an interview to get into Oxford, and she heard a super hipster-esque applicant talking to some guy who said "You can really hear the jazz influence in Metallica's latest work".
I have to say, as a big jazzer, I'd have punched the dude if I heard that in person!
Marshall's just around a decade off. The hype about Satriani died down (yes, there was hype)

Still a good artist though.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by JKHC
Marshall's just around a decade off. The hype about Satriani died down (yes, there was hype)

Still a good artist though.

I assume the sales statistics of the Peavey JSX appealed to Marshall a hell of a lot.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
I assume the sales statistics of the Peavey JSX appealed to Marshall a hell of a lot.

But how many people do you think will buy a Satriani head? Not many nowadays. Especially since its probably going to be $1500+, likely alot more.

With the rise of these 4/5 watt practice amps and modelers, I doubt many people will be interested in purchasing an amp like that. IMHO, I'd rather take the Slash Marshall sig.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by JKHC
But how many people do you think will buy a Satriani head? Not many nowadays. Especially since its probably going to be $1500+, likely alot more.

With the rise of these 4/5 watt practice amps and modelers, I doubt many people will be interested in purchasing an amp like that. IMHO, I'd rather take the Slash Marshall sig.

You'd be surprised.
Marshall will have done their research before putting this forward. It's not like they were like "Oh, he's using our amps? May as well put loads of cash into making him a signature amp without caring about sales statistics".

I reckon it won't do as well as the JSX did (what with the JSX being reasonably original in the Peavey lineup, and this (so far, it may not be) looking a bit too similar to the JVM), but it'll probably make some sales.

I mean, they recently put out a Malmsteen signature, Yngwie is much less popular than Satriani and from a quick google search (sounds so weak, but it's not like we can find sales statistics of Marshall amps! ) it looks like people were really looking forward to it prior to it's release and a fair few seem to have bought one. So I think it's safe to say the Satriani will do alright, the hype for it hasn't even started yet either.

You have to think about the hardcore Joe fans, the Marshall collector types, the people who try one and like it over other amps, it could end up being a really great amp which is suggested over things like the regular JVM and the JCM800 for certain applications, it's hard to tell.

And on the practice amp/modeling thing, you'd be surprised how many people still want to plug into a big ol' stack, despite the inconvenience it provides. I have to say, of all the guitarists I know in real life, not a single one of them has chosen to use a practice amp or a modeling amp/software/rack as their main amp. It seems just the internet community of guitarists who are into those things, there are many more guitarists out there who sit nicely in the demographic of these amps.
Loved Satch ever since I started playing, but never really fell in love with his tone to be honest. Plus there's A LOT more that goes into his sound then just his amp. It will be interesting to see what Marshall come up with for this one.
Quote by IbanezBossShred
Yeah, I doubt many would pay that kind of money for a sig. amp. I wouldn't pay it for my JSX, I waited until I found one for $900.00 new at GC.

Yeah, I bought mine for €650 simply because it was the best amp I could get for the money.
The odd thing is that Joe has been using his satchurator pedals for his distortion for a few years. So he's just using amps as power amps anyways. If it's anything like the JSX, it should be an awesome amp.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs