Hey first thing first I'm playing a Cort Evl Z47 upgraded with Dimarzio D'Activator 7 pickups and am playing through a Line6 Pod HD300 into a Marshall Mg 100 HDFX half stack. Now the question i'm having a hell of a time trying to get a Hypocrisy type tone Mainly from the Taste of Extreme divinity album, i'm currently learning Weed out the weak but can't get the tone right any suggestions would be appreciated.
Quote by Llama-Guru
Marshall Mg 100 HDFX half stack

get a new amp, for starters. this shouldn't be asked in the Pit though. go to the "Ultimate Settings Thread" and ask there, you'll get better results, here's a link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=688660
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Last edited by theogonia777 at Dec 22, 2011,
not sure, it depends on your budget, location, willingness to buy used, size/features you need, and other factors. you should ask that in GG&A, if you want to, but for now just try that other forum i linked to, and i'm sure you'll be able to find something that you can use for the time being. they should at least be able to get you something like what you want, plus there is a list on the front page of the thread containing different settings for certain bands, i doubt Hypocrisy would be on there, but i recall seeing other metal bands, like Amon Amarth, maybe those would be a good start to try with your gear?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.