Hi, I have an Ibanez RG series with a floyd rose, which I've learned to hate. Every time I change the tuning I have to adjust the tension, and I never even use it. I browsed around for tips but didn't find anything too substantial. Is removing a floyd rose a massive undertaking? Should I just get it done professionally?
Quote by axis18
Hi, I have an Ibanez RG series with a floyd rose, which I've learned to hate. Every time I change the tuning I have to adjust the tension, and I never even use it. I browsed around for tips but didn't find anything too substantial. Is removing a floyd rose a massive undertaking? Should I just get it done professionally?

You could just block it with a couple pieces of wood like this.

Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Quote by dark Mass
You could just block it with a couple pieces of wood like this.

This x 100.

Removing a floyd is very easy btw. But filling the void and installing a new bridge and finishing/repainting... Not so much.

shove wood in there
Remove trem arm
????
profit.
Interesting.. would I then just lower the tension until it rested upon the block? Also why would you need a piece of wood on both sides?
Quote by StateFarmsThere
shove wood in there
Remove trem arm
????
profit.

You can never profit after removing such a beautiful tool from a guitar player
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Quote by axis18
Interesting.. would I then just lower the tension until it rested upon the block? Also why would you need a piece of wood on both sides?

It stops the bridge from diving.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Find peices that fit the sides well enough to keep the bridge in optimal position. Shim it if your peices are too small. You shouldnt need to change tension.