I'm having a problem with an Original Floyd Rose Tremelo system so I though I'd come here for some decent answers.

Here's my problem - Whenever I pull up on the tremelo my G string goes sharp after I let it go. Say after I pull up and the string goes sharp... I tune it re-tune it like that and it's the same problem just backwards... But worse since I dive down a lot.

The bridge is set up level to the body. I have another guitar with a OFR and no problems whatsoever and a guitar with a LFR. I have enough experience with floating systems to know that it's not the setup. I've changed strings, Gauges, stretched the fire out of them and it still does it.

I took it the Guitar Center in Nashville TN where 2 different guys looked at it, and they both didn't know what was wrong with it. If more information is needed I'll post it. The only other thing would be the guitar - Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR.
Does the bridge return to being level when you move it either way?
Say if you pulled up, does it sit slightly sunk into the body? Or if you dive, does it sit slightly higher?
Is the claw in the back cavity straight? Or is there more tension to one side?
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Sounds like the string is slipping in the nut.

Push on it between the nut and the tuning key to see if it goes sharp.
Quote by Koshman32
Does the bridge return to being level when you move it either way?
Say if you pulled up, does it sit slightly sunk into the body? Or if you dive, does it sit slightly higher?

I actually thought of this but wouldn't it make all my strings go out of tune?
Quote by R45VT
Sounds like the string is slipping in the nut.

Push on it between the nut and the tuning key to see if it goes sharp.

It didn't do anything. It's not the nut.
Quote by Fear The Abyss
It didn't do anything. It's not the nut.

What gauge strings are you using? There isn't much that can hang a single string up.

Have you tried a little graphite in the nut slot after the lock or in the saddle? (Not in the lock area, only where the string curves)
Quote by R45VT
Have you tried a little graphite in the nut slot after the lock or in the saddle? (Not in the lock area, only where the string curves)

+1
Quote by R45VT
What gauge strings are you using? There isn't much that can hang a single string up.

I used to use 11s in E Standard but now I've switched to 10s... It did it before also.
Quote by Fear The Abyss
I used to use 11s in E Standard but now I've switched to 10s... It did it before also.

Good to know you are not using 13's or something.

I was going to ask how long the strings had been on but since it did it with the last set/gauge then they are not the issue.

Next question- are you trimming the ends off or stringing through the tuning keys with the ball end up there?
Quote by R45VT
Good to know you are not using 13's or something.

I was going to ask how long the strings had been on but since it did it with the last set/gauge then they are not the issue.

Next question- are you trimming the ends off or stringing through the tuning keys with the ball end up there?

I clip off the ball end before I even think about trying to put the string on.
It should have a locking nut so graphite won't help. The knife edges could be worn. Try putting chapstick on the knife edge.