I have guitar rig 5, and I connect my guitar to my PC via a USB device. Now I want to play along a backing track, how do I do that? I've tried to insert the backing track to taperdeck 1 but the distortions distort the backing track as well. Any help? Feel free to suggest other software because I can "obtain" them very easily
Why, it seems you are implying that you use pirated software. Sorry. No help here.
Quote by KG6_Steven
Why, it seems you are implying that you use pirated software. Sorry. No help here.

oh no, guitar rig came with the USB device I bought, so no piracy there
Quote by icecoldstar
Feel free to suggest other software because I can "obtain" them very easily

An admission of guilt?
Quote by L2112Lif
Oh, so you're just a rich kid who can't read an instruction manual that comes electronically with the software?

No help for you!

why are you guys so mean here? The electronic manual I found online only has instructions on how to install guitar rig and how to plug in those equipments
and why do you think I'm a rich kid? I'm just a college student trying to learn guitar and can really use some help from nice folks on UG.
Use any external software to play the backing track? Preferably a professional DAW so that you can loop an cut however you like.
Use REAPER (download it free). Set up Track 1 with Guitar Rig inserted as an FX and drop the backing track on Track 2. Play It. Jam Along with it. You can even record your Jam.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Quote by strangedogs
Use REAPER (download it free). Set up Track 1 with Guitar Rig inserted as an FX and drop the backing track on Track 2. Play It. Jam Along with it. You can even record your Jam.

Than or use the looper thing. It comes up by default in guitar rig 4. It looks like a cassette player. I'm sure it's in he "etc." or "other" section of components.

Maybe called tape deck?