Im looking for an effect (stomp not rack) that makes the guitar sound like its playing through a transistor radio, just that really "tinny", "far away" sound. Does that exist, and if so what is the effect called?

It came about when I was listening to the radio in a friends car and Nickleback came on and it was one of the older songs that made them big, the one where the singer uses that effect on his voice for the verses. I don't care for Nickleback so I don't know what the song is called or anything, but it sounded cool and seems like it could be cool on a guitar.
Quote by darkwolf291
Get an EQ pedal, and cut all of the bass and most of the treble.
It's how it was done in Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd

This is a simple easy way to do it, and how most people would do it.

You could also use a Wah pedal, but that's a bit harder...or wire two pickups out of phase to get that sound...but that's just going way out of your way.
i think it's a nickleback only effect.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
what you need is a new amp
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
If you have a shitty drive pedal you don't like you can set it so it has no lows and put the highs and level to taste with a slight bit of gain to get it like it has a little bit of static.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
As said before, an EQ pedal will do exactly what you want.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Quote by phoenix_crush
ibanez made/makes a lofi pedal that does something like that.

It's got the high pass and low pass filters you'd use on an eq and then also has a distortion knob to get some mild break up.

I really like the pedal. If you get tired of using it for guitar, it has a pad switch that will let you use it with a microphone.