I've decided to upgrade my current reverb pedal and upgrade to a new one. I am using a danelectro blt slap echo... i know danelectro doesnt get much love here but it was a GREAT pedal while i've had it, and i would recommend it to a beginner no problem. I've been using the blt along with a mxr carbon copy for a bit of warmth. The problem i have is that the blt does not react to how you play it does have reverb but its too predictive... if that makes sense it sounds the same everytime.

The pedals i am currently looking at are a holy grail, fender frv-1 and a danelectro spring king. Any other suggestions?
I play mostly blues and classic rock but i love to experiment with different sounds, I have a budget of about $80usd used. I am having a hard time tracking down a spring king used but i've seen them before for about $60 and the holy grail is EASILY found for about $80.
thoughts?
How much 'verb do you need? I like the Grail for light to medium reverb but it starts to sound too artificial when you crank it up. I definitely wouldn't recommend it for surf music, post-rock, or anything that requires a great deal of reverb.
Quote by Helicopters!
How much 'verb do you need? I like the Grail for light to medium reverb but it starts to sound too artificial when you crank it up. I definitely wouldn't recommend it for surf music, post-rock, or anything that requires a great deal of reverb.

light is usually where i set it, i dont do post or surf. But there is quite a few rockabilly stuff i'd like to learn. I just want a natural reverb, doesnt have to be too crazy. I've been thinking about the ehx cathedral as well but i dont want to save up $200 for it, i'd rather put that towards a new amp i've been eyeing.
Digitech hardwire reverb is actually a nice sounding reverb. It's earned its place as my main source of reverb.
Schecter Hellraiser C7 FR/Bareknuckle Cold Sweat/Liquifire
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?
Quote by stratplyr
light is usually where i set it, i dont do post or surf. But there is quite a few rockabilly stuff i'd like to learn. I just want a natural reverb, doesnt have to be too crazy. I've been thinking about the ehx cathedral as well but i dont want to save up $200 for it, i'd rather put that towards a new amp i've been eyeing.

In that case I'd say the Grail is a good choice. Listen to demos on Youtube and try one out if possible.
Quote by Helicopters!
In that case I'd say the Grail is a good choice. Listen to demos on Youtube and try one out if possible.

how is the holy stain in comparison to the grail? seems like a more bang for ur buck pedal but if it sounds like shit why bother
Well it's a different animal from the Grail entirely; it's a multi-effect unit with a distortion circuit built in. It seems kinda gimmicky to me but I don't have any experience with it so I'm just judging it by its cover. I don't know if there's any control over the parameters of the distortion. Give it a shot; you might like it.
If you don't need the extra tonal controls, it's not worth the extra cash. Personally I don't like the Grail series but that's because I like to use loads and loads of reverb.
Quote by Helicopters!
If you don't need the extra tonal controls, it's not worth the extra cash. Personally I don't like the Grail series but that's because I like to use loads and loads of reverb.

what reverb pedal are you playing through? or are you using the reverb on your amp.

I really like maleko chicklet but its a little tough to find at a decent price.
Well I used to use a Boss Space Echo which had reverb and delay but I just got a Line 6 DL4 and soon I plan to buy a Line 6 Verbzilla.
Last edited by Helicopters! at Dec 23, 2011,