well guys my first show is tomorrow and im a singer songwriter guy. its everyone's first show i go on second. im not worried about my guitar paying but my singing, when im nervous i can tsing well any tips you guys can give me?
Think about your hands and how aware you are of them. Moisten them up plenty. Drink plenty of orange juice and carbonated soft drinks before you go on for that bloated, burpy, dry throat you'll need. If the song is in 4/4 then instead of counting in fours, just count consecutively "1...2...3...4...5...6..." etc right to the end of the song. Also count out loud.
Hahahahahahahahahah hahahaha har har har
Picture other people in your underwear
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Picture your underwear in other people.
I play my guitar like I live life; upside-down.

Gear:
Sender Fratocaster
LTD Phoenix-200
Fender Sonoran
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
Fender Mustang V 412
If you screw up some asshole will probably be filming and put it on youtube and you'll never be able to get rid of it.
Check out my band Disturbed
lol these guys suck.

control your breathing. deep slow breaths the whole night until you go on. count to 3 SLOWLY on each breath, in and out. its all about self control and just about the only thing you can control on the night of a show is yourself. make sure you pee before you go on too.

then kick some ass

then get ****ed up for your great success!
"Hey kid. You wanna cigarette?"

"No thanks! I/m already hooked on Fonicks!"

Bro, talk to the crowd. Half of a singer-songwriter's appeal is the personal journey through every song, and you can use that time to get a bit more comfortable around the audience and breathe between songs. Tell them your inspiration, tell them stories, its fascinating to learn the backstory to a good song, but most of all... Keep it concise.
im gonna try that breathing thing. i just need to calm my nerves im not to worried about people liking it cuz it mostly gonna be teen girls. but i just feel like im gonna have a hard time playing my first song i think i just need to just that hurdle.

at least thats what I keep telling myself...
Quote by jeffiscow
lol i wish i had some one in my underwear.

are you wearing underwear right now? ta da! someone is in your underwear!
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by JAHellraiser
are you wearing underwear right now? ta da! someone is in your underwear!

someone other than me
If you can, practice singing into a mic at home in private. Not to make you more nervous, but singing into a mic is a little different than just singing unplugged. Just focus on your music and get lost in it. Close your eyes and pretend you're singing by yourself in your room.

in your underwear
I hate my sig
Lol @ some of the asshat responses. The Pit is really flexing its wit tonight (I don't mean that sarcastically, you guys really did make me laugh a lot).

I don't have much advice for you, TS. The only live show I've ever done, I forgot my lyrics on one of my songs and vamped until I could get back on track. I was stressing out over it hardcore, though.

My best piece of wisdom is just to have fun with it. Engage the audience. Everyone loves a little witty banter between songs. If you do make a mistake, don't hang yourself over it, just move on. If it's subtle enough, people might not even notice if you don't acknowledge it.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Quote by Panasonic3
lol these guys suck.

control your breathing. deep slow breaths the whole night until you go on. count to 3 SLOWLY on each breath, in and out. its all about self control and just about the only thing you can control on the night of a show is yourself. make sure you pee before you go on too.

then kick some ass

then get ****ed up for your great success!

This.

Quote by L2112Lif
Bro, talk to the crowd. Half of a singer-songwriter's appeal is the personal journey through every song, and you can use that time to get a bit more comfortable around the audience and breathe between songs. Tell them your inspiration, tell them stories, its fascinating to learn the backstory to a good song, but most of all... Keep it concise.

Also this.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
I don't remember who said it but if you make a mistake do it again so people think you meant to

also, if you picture people in their underwear, don't get distracted by some hot chick
Quote by QuantumMechanix
If you can, practice singing into a mic at home in private. Not to make you more nervous, but singing into a mic is a little different than just singing unplugged. Just focus on your music and get lost in it. Close your eyes and pretend you're singing by yourself in your room.

in your underwear

I sing in to my recorder to make sure that that it sounds good but it seems to have a little bit of reverb on it do most pa have a reverb on them? if so my shit will sound nice
imagine everyone in underwear
hot girl
imagine hot girl in underwear
boner
?????
PROFIT!

I have to admit though, I first read this as "my fisting show is tomorrow" and I was very concerned upon coming in...
NOPE
1. Drink lots of water.
2. Don't have tons of milk products beforehand.
3. Sing from your gut, not your chest.
4. Make sure you can hear yourself clearly in the monitors.
5. Don't eat within an hour beforehand.
Quote by Kensai
Hipster.

I have a name. It is Mitch.
lol my keyboard sucks sorry guy...

Don't worry, man. It's only a minor mistake.

OT: Nervousness is a normal reaction. The most important thing to do is to start out well. Make sure your first song sounds great, and you'll automatically get a sort of adrenaline rush/confidence boost, and it'll be cool.

Don't drink/eat anything that'll shock your throat. I recommend a couple of tablespoons of honey. It's a very runny liquid, so it'll "smoothen" your throat, and you'll find it very comfortable to sing.

Other than that, keep a smile on your face. Show the audience that you're enjoying yourself, and if you even play somewhat decently, they'll appreciate it, and a healthy environment will be achieved.
Quote by jeffiscow
I sing in to my recorder to make sure that that it sounds good but it seems to have a little bit of reverb on it do most pa have a reverb on them? if so my shit will sound nice

that depends if the mixing guy puts reverb on it. probably will if he knows what he's doing. Just relax and have fun with it. and remember, the audience isn't listening to you as carefully as you think just roll through any mistakes and the song will be well received
I hate my sig
You guys are a bunch of arses

Relax a bit, try your best to have fun; you should be having the time of your life out there.
Hugging Thread; I'm here to help

Oh you wouldn’t want an angel watching over
Surprise, surprise they wouldn’t wannna watch
Another uninnocent, elegant fall
Into the unmagnificent lives of adults

It's Tessa, not Tesse please.