So I just picked up a Blackstar HT-5RH w/ HT-112 today. It sounds better than when I tried it out and has a fair bit more gain than I remember it having. I'd post photos but I'm not 100% sure that my phone to computer cable is in this city and I can't be bothered looking to see if it is right now.

Basically, I couldn't find a definitive answer on teh interwebz about this, but is the headphone out meant to cut the output to the cab? Because mine doesn't seem to want to, which really just completely defeats the purpose of having it in the first place.
Pedal GAS?
Empress Heavy
ISP Dec of some sort
Keeley Katana
TC Corona/Vortex/Dreamscape
don't worry. figured out that i leave the amp in standby to do it

as for clips, i only have my laptop mic which is inbuilt (ie crap) :P it's not really going to show very much.
after a reasonably extensive play now, with comparison to my other amp, i really need a distortion pedal here. i've just tried out my pocket pod with it and it just doesn't quite cut it.

i need a big sounding modern metal crunch. i'd say that the amp and the pod cumulatively have enough gain, but lack a bit of presence (not in terms of the knob commonly found, but rather the in your face-ness of the sound).

my ts9dx set to turbo helps somewhat, but not that much.

i was thinking perhaps triple wreck? i've found that the ehx metal muff or mxr fullbore/similar need a big sounding amp in the first place in order to sound big or theyll just make the thing sound even more piddly. would a triple wreck be an answer to this or am i dreaming? open to other suggestions from places that don't have exorbitant shipping costs and actually ship most of the their products to australia (unlike amazon, musician's friend etc)
Pedal GAS?
Empress Heavy
ISP Dec of some sort
Keeley Katana
TC Corona/Vortex/Dreamscape