well i was still wondering if Gp 6 is worth getting now that its been over
a year .

i have the old GP 5 and wok with it all the time . but the
bad reviews a while back kept me going to the new version .

any advice appreciated .
I upgraded and have been very happy with it, sounds much better for the effects they do have, fallowing along is even easier, and so the list goes on. However there where thing I didn't like.

Tabbing music for other instruments (piano and such) is more difficult, I don't really tab but I do make corrections and small adjustments and this made things more difficult.

Number of Instruments and effects decreased - This is my biggest issue, and shouldn't have reduced the number of effects even if they where to stay in MIDI format. And as far as I know you can't put in your own MIDI effects, although I haven't looked very hard so correct me if I'm wrong.
GP6 kicks butt. Much better in almost every way. I still keep my copy of 5 loaded for a few functions, but 6 is so much better. They're working on 7 though.

Maybe the best part about 6 is it can handle mulitiple tracks without bogging down. Next is all the control you get over stomp boxes, amps, & settings. Also it lets you do treble and bass cleff on piano.
i didnt know that the instruments had decreased from the looks of the
screen shots they have more .

when is GP 7 supposed to be released ? i might just wait on it .
Quote by notos
i didnt know that the instruments had decreased from the looks of the
screen shots they have more .

when is GP 7 supposed to be released ? i might just wait on it .

IMHO, the instruments haven't really decreased because all the midi instruments sucked and weren't usable anyway.

It might be a year or 2 more before 7 comes out. They were collecting ideas for new functionality/features from GP6 owners in Sep 2011.

I wouldn't want to wait that long; not even a day. I kick myself for waiting a couple of months to install it after buying it. It is so much better then GP5 that it's not even funny.