i bought and Epiphone special II like 3 years back at guitar center. when i went i showed the guy the guitar i wanted to buy, so he picked it up from the stand and took it to the counter to clean it. now this guitar was a floor model but if seen and heard of some people actually walking out with a cardboard box with the guitar inside instead of just leaving with a floor model. is it common for them to just give you the floor models or do they have to go back and check if they have one in the box brand new and untouched.
At the GC here, they will sell you the floor model unless you insist on a new in the box model. Then, if they have one, they will get it for you. If they don't, they wont order one unless it is worth the time and effort......

Edit to add. For my RG5 it was off the floor...for my NIB 4570, it was in a box, sealed, and untouched by 'sticky gee-tar scratching paws'. My 1570 was used.
Last edited by IbanezBossShred at Dec 23, 2011,
Its the same everywhere. If they can unload a 'used' floor model they will. Some may be fresh out of the box and setup, some can be years old and played 100's of times. All the same theyre sold as new. I dont mind used guitars at all but tend to haggle over guitars on the wall with the very slightest bit of buckle rash or any signs of use whatsoever.
Can we stop having these threads every other day? Use the search bar man.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
if you want one in a box ask for one.

it may not be set up yet though.

if you like the one you played, buy that one.

i'd only buy the one i played, or crack open the boxed one in the store and test it.

you are the buyer, ask for what you want.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by RealGuitarHero

You saw what the thread was about before you clicked on it.
Quote by RealGuitarHero

run along
Quote by gregs1020

i'd only buy the one i played, or crack open the boxed one in the store and test it.

yeah at that time i was just 14 years old so i didnt know much i didnt even play it, i just looked at it and told the guy, next time i get one im going to fully do some research it and play it before i buy it
I think I've gotten one in a box every time I bought a guitar. I personally prefer it. The strings are new and I get the satisfaction of smelling it brand new out of the box (acoustic guitars I mean).

Deja vu...

Anyway, I would check the floor model for any scratches, nicks and kicks before deciding to buy it, and if it is in a truly dire condition I'll ask for one from the back. I would rather by the model on display than a brand, spanking new one because it's more likely to be well set-up and broken-in.
West Ham United
i could care less about a guitar, as long as it is fine, but would NEVER buy a tube amp off the floor unless i am getting a HUGE discount, like enough to cover half the tubes and a transformer.

at the Guitar Center close to me i was in a few weeks ago, and i go in the "vault" and find whatever amp it was, i don't remember, but made sure that it was plugged into a cab, turned it on, NO output, told them that it was wrecked and the salesman said "it seems like that happens once a week."
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/