So im thinking about buying a synth (around 500 $)
I want a real synth, and not a midi keyboard, it needs to have a line out, that can go to amp/soundcard. I want to record with the real sounds that is on the keyboard, and not midi signals.

I have already a yamaha electtric piano that i can do this with, that features grandpiano, el piano, strings, organ etc...)

I want a synth with more synth like sounds. It would be nice if it had a eq/reverb etc buldt in it. It dont need to be full size, but i want the buttons to be the same size/near the same size as a piano. It needs to have pitchbend and modulation too.
Thanks
if you want to bring the wobbs, the SH-201 is a pretty underrated piece and can be grabbed fairly cheap on ebay and such.
modes are a social construct
Quote by Hail
if you want to bring the wobbs, the SH-201 is a pretty underrated piece and can be grabbed fairly cheap on ebay and such.

If you mean dubstep, thats not my aim.
I play prog metal and jazz fusion...
Out of interest, why don't you just get a midi keyboard with plenty of controllers and some of the really good soft synths? It's way cheaper, more versatile and you can do a lot more live.
sorry, everytime i hear someone asking about a synth i assume they want to do dance music

with that in mind, i'm agreeing with a midi controller. the Korg PS-60 looks pretty sexy to me too as far as affordable keyboards go, but a solid midi should handle anything you throw at it.
modes are a social construct
Quote by willT08
Out of interest, why don't you just get a midi keyboard with plenty of controllers and some of the really good soft synths? It's way cheaper, more versatile and you can do a lot more live.

Yup, why does it have to be a synth ?
Quote by Hail
i'm the internet equivalent of ripping the skin off my face and strangling you with it right now

Quote by Steve Albini
Remixing is for talentless pussies who don't know how to tune a drum or point a microphone.
Quote by Usernames sucks
Please dont ask about the midi thing. I just dont want one, long story. Basicly, i dont want to be conected to a pc.

I'd also sooner recommend a decent midi controller and software instruments, but not wanting to be tied to a computer is a perfectly valid reason for going with hardware. However, your options are going to be rather limited in that price range, and what's best for you will depend on what you want more specifically. Like, tonal preferences, whether you want to tweak your own sounds (for which you'd probably want something with a decent interface) or if you want a preset machine (in which case the interface is pretty irrelevant), etc.

Buying second hand will get you more synth for less money. I have a Waldorf Micro-Q keyboard which should be available within your price range on the used market. It has a pretty killer synth engine, if you dig its peculiar sound, but I hate using it myself because the interface is so limited. If I were to buy a cheapo hardware synth today I'd probably shoot for something like a used Virus KB or something like that instead.

Possibly one of those Novation Ultranovas or something like that if it has to be something new.
This site is your friend

Just few items to checkout from the top of my head.
Out from the used market,I'd recommend these:

Korg M1
Korg X3
Korg N364
Roland SH201
Roland XP30
Novation Supernova 2

All of them solid multi-purpose synths, seen all of them available for less than 500$.
If you're purchasing new, maybe check out:

M-Audio Venom
Roland SH-01 GAIA
Novation Ultranova
Yamaha MM-6

These all are somewhere around 500$, and with quite different to each other.
Do your research of the features you need/like. Browse vintagesynth.com a lot.
Quote by Usernames sucks
Please dont ask about the midi thing. I just dont want one, long story. Basicly, i dont want to be conected to a pc.

Fair enough, we were just asking.

I´d definetly look into whatever Korg is doing these days.. think the X-50 might meet your needs. But i havent touched a real synth in years..
Quote by Hail
i'm the internet equivalent of ripping the skin off my face and strangling you with it right now

Quote by Steve Albini
Remixing is for talentless pussies who don't know how to tune a drum or point a microphone.
Last edited by Slashiepie at Dec 23, 2011,