So im thinking about buying a bass. Mainly for recording, but it would be fun to learn another instrument.
It needs to have 5 strings.
I have looked on warwicks and i find them very nice.
Can you recomend anyy around 700$ if thats possible? (i play prog metal and jazz fusion)
Also what bass strings sounds bright the longest? And how often do i need to put new ones on? Every 3-4 months i suppose, if i use fast fret? They are damn expensive you know...
Edit: It dosent need to be a warwick, but it needs to be pretty (i reallt like wood finish and alot of knobs)
Last edited by Usernames sucks at Dec 23, 2011,
You might find used Warwick Corvettes for $700. Try before you buy though, as Warwick have used two different neck shapes for their 'off the rack' models. The newer neck (from around 2009) is a shallower C shape neck, whilst previous to that was a U shaped neck.
^ You can, but it's not recommended if it's a guitar amp you care about, there's a risk of knackering the speaker. Personally I've practised through an old worthless heater guitar combo for years and never had any issues, but if you crank it you may.
Quote by Ziphoblat
^ You can, but it's not recommended if it's a guitar amp you care about, there's a risk of knackering the speaker. Personally I've practised through an old worthless heater guitar combo for years and never had any issues, but if you crank it you may.

Is it safe to use a roland cube 80x? Its not a tube amp. Also how often shuld i change strings?
The danger isn't with the amp itself it's with the speaker. Guitar amp speakers aren't designed to handle the frequencies put out by a bass so if they dont blow at the start they definetly will degrade over time and eventually go.
Read the FAQ before posting in here, I shouldn't have bothered writing that out.
I love my warwick and you should be able to find one for around that price pretty easily
Bassist/Vocalist-Visceral Violation
Mesa-Boogie Big Block 750/SWR Megoliath
Warwick Corvette
Almost everything you've asked can be found in the FAQ.

Personally, I'd try to get a hold of an Ibanez BTB in that price range. Those lower end Warwicks (unless you get a good deal on a used, higher-end one) just don't cut it for me, but as above, try before you buy.
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
I've personally always liked the tone of my Warwick more then the BTBs I've played.
Bassist/Vocalist-Visceral Violation
Mesa-Boogie Big Block 750/SWR Megoliath
Warwick Corvette
Ok ill probably buy an roland cube bs 20x amp whith the bass. Im moving soon and need something small.

But about the bass in guitar amp thing. Tosin Absai has an 8-string guitar tuned (low to high) E B E A D G B E where the lowest string is the same as an e on a bass. Why dosent his amp blow up? Same whit 8 string players in general...
Quote by Usernames sucks
Ok ill probably buy an roland cube bs 20x amp whith the bass. Im moving soon and need something small.

But about the bass in guitar amp thing. Tosin Absai has an 8-string guitar tuned (low to high) E B E A D G B E where the lowest string is the same as an e on a bass. Why dosent his amp blow up? Same whit 8 string players in general...

Tosin used to bi-amp and now he runs straight into a FRFR system with an Axe-FX II...he has a lot of money in his equipment and knows what he's doing. $700 isn't gonna buy you his footswitch
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.