Hi guys,

First of all, I'm sorry if this isn't the right place to post this.
So, I recently discovered I really like fusion-ish solos, I've been listening to a lot of Zappa, Periphery and Cynic lately, and all of those bands incorporate elements of jazz in their playing. It all just sounds so damn tasty.

I know a decent amount of music theory, but I need help finding songs or bands that will help me get better at this style ( again, I'm pretty new to this stuff - I wouldn't even know where to start! ).

Long story short, I need to find some bands / songs that sound a bit smooth or jazzy but are still playable with a band. Zappa is great stuff, but you need atleast a dozen musicians before you can play most of his cool stuff.

Does anyone have any idea?
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
TC Electronics Dark Matter distortion
Harley Benton 2x12, with Celestion V30s
Laney Ironheart 60w tube amp
I guess you can give Brett Garsed, Greg Howe and Guthrie Govan a listen.
The cliched "rig" Signature:

ESP LTD EC-1000VBL (EMG-ed)
Dean Cadillac SilverBurst Left-handed
Boss GT-8
Roland Micro-Cube
Line 6 FlexTone III XL
Levy's straps
I would suggest some jazz fusion..

Like guthrie govan, shawn lane, allan holdsworth, frank gambale, greg howe, al di meola.
Fusion and jazz musician, a fan of most music.

Quote by Guthrie Govan
“If you steal from one person it's theft, and if you steal from lots of people it's research”

Quote by Chick Corea
"Only play what you hear. If you don't hear anything, don't play anything."
Guthrie Govan
Greg Howe
Eric Johnson (not quick as thick a fusion sound as the other guys, but tunes like Manhattan, East Wes, Trademark, etc have some cool fusion elements)
Pat Metheny
John Scofield
Larry Carlton
Dave Weiner

I could go on. It helps to get into Jazz too.
Some standards like Footprints or Mr P.C. are real cool to play fusion licks over.
Thanks guys, so far I really like Greg Howe and Guthrie Govan. Does anyone know any of their songs that aren't too hard ( or more specifically, that are relatively easy to remember )?
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
TC Electronics Dark Matter distortion
Harley Benton 2x12, with Celestion V30s
Laney Ironheart 60w tube amp