Poll: Which should I put in my board?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which should I put in my board?
Chorus
3 8%
Delay
33 92%
Voters: 36.
Hello GG&A, I was wondering if I could get your guys opinion on something.

By the looks on how my pedal board is shaping up, I have room for like one more single pedal. And I cant decide if I should put in a Chorus or a Delay.

So pretty much I'm asking you guys what would be more practical

poll coming
GEAR:

Gibson 1980 Les Paul Firebrand
Epiphone Les Paul Studio Deluxe
Ibanez RG-160b
Sx Furrian
Ibanez RG-7321
Jet City JCA20H + Bugera 212V-BK
I've always found myself using delay a hell of a lot more than chorus. I tend to use delay in nearly everything I play at some point, either subtly or quite prominently. I've only found chorus useful for the odd clean section or when I want to get cheesy with some 80's stuff.
If you can play something where most of the notes are at the same intervals, delay can almost sound like chorus even.

EDIT: Well not really, but chorus is boring things to spice up your clean tones.

You can even shorten the delay and pretend its a reverb.

EDIT: Well not really.

Delay is funyuns lol
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Last edited by DeathByDestroyr at Dec 23, 2011,
Quote by Strats&Cats
How are we supposed to answer that for you? What do you want, a chorus or delay?

No need to be a dick, he asked us what is a more practical effect to get, which is a perfectly valid question.
Quote by telemetal
No need to be a dick, he asked us what is a more practical effect to get, which is a perfectly valid question.

Not trying to be a dick, sorry if it came out that way. My point is still valid though. Only he knows what will be more practical for him.

Edit: I'll add something a little productive. Try out a bunch of delays/choruses at your local shop. You might find one that really peaks your interest. Also, many nicer analog delays come with some chorus effects built in (i.e.., memory man/boy, MXR Carbon Copy, etc.) to get a little of both.
Last edited by Strats&Cats at Dec 23, 2011,
New amp.

But seriously, a delay is an essential to any board.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Quote by Strats&Cats
How are we supposed to answer that for you? What do you want, a chorus or delay?

This.

We have no idea what kind of stuff you play.

I use both pretty frequently, so it would be tough for me to decide. But then I use rack FX, and I'm sure I play a lot different than you.

buy both and get a bigger pedalboard?
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Apart from overdrive I'd say that those two are both the most essential things on your board. They are both equally useful albeit for different reasons.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I've got a chorus and two delay pedals on my board...
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
I've got a chorus and 3 delays on my board.

Buy a phaser.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
How about a leslie cabinet?
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
I guess I'd go with delay out of the two.

But if you don't even know, maybe you don't need either? Don't fill up space just to fill it.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I would go with the MXR Carbon Copy. It's a nice analog delay with 600ms and a modulation button that sort of gives you a chorus-y feel.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Quote by Sputnik1
Obligatory new amp suggestion.

My god I didn't even see his sig. Yeah you need a new amp man.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
delay which has modulation?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well in my gigging rig both of those are done with a Quadraverb. The only actual pedal I use is a Morley wah.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification