Ok so in a couple weeks I'll be able to record. All I'll have is a basic mic, and some kind of recording software. Point is that I'm not sure exactly how to record the vocals. Ideally I'd like to record it and play guitar at the same time; that's just how I'm used to it. But since the guitar will be very very loud (it's mostly punk), I'm not sure how to go about this.

Thanks

MOCOSO LIKE ME
If you have a mixer you could plug vocals into 1 channel and guitars into channel 2 and record that way. I personally record guitars seperately from vocals because it enables me to concentrate 100% on the guitar track and then again for the vocals.

If you need the songs mixed / mastered drop me a line at beautifullydistortedrecords@hotmail.com
Ok, thanks. Would it be possible to use the same mic for guitar and vocals at the same time? Just wondering.

MOCOSO LIKE ME
Quote by river.wild
Ok, thanks. Would it be possible to use the same mic for guitar and vocals at the same time? Just wondering.

No. I'll be honest with you. Especially if it's electric guitar, too much going on for a good quality anything.