Hello, I tried to look this up but was overwhelmed by the vast numbers of how many posts were on it-- so I am just asking a direct opinion. I am considering on buying some of these picks:

http://japan-discoveries.com/index.php?main_page=product_music_info&cPath=2_13_23&products_id=551

(in a large quantity of course since its very very expensive with shipping and handling) however, I am wondering if:

Is this a good size for guitarists who play thrash/power metal? (Galneryus and Children of Bodom are styles I derive from)

Is there another model of pick I can get at a local guitar center that would be much more sufficient and not having to break the bank to order?

Any assistance would be greatly apperciated.
Your local Guitar Centre will have 100s of other picks which are just as good and you'll be able to try them to see if you like them or not.

With these, you're spending a lot of money for something you may not like.

Don't waste your money.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
If you want to play metal, just buy a few 1.00mm Dunlop nylons and you'll be set for life.

I wouldn't risk buying a load of these expensive imports. You may not like them.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Quote by KamilFox
Are nylons the ones that bend easily?

That depends what thickness you use. They make a whole range of them.

Seriously, go to a guitar shop and try some.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Thank you all very much I liked Jazz III but they didn't have them anymore at my local shop :/
Of all the picks ive tried so far my favs are:

1) V-Picks
2) Dava Picks

The size and name of the pick doesnt really define the styles you will be able to play. ( they are actually marketing associations to give a product certain identity and get more $$ )
Use what feels comfortable and gets you the tone you want.
Quote by Hail
i'm the internet equivalent of ripping the skin off my face and strangling you with it right now

Quote by Steve Albini
Remixing is for talentless pussies who don't know how to tune a drum or point a microphone.
Quote by GaryBillington
Your local Guitar Centre will have 100s of other picks which are just as good and you'll be able to try them to see if you like them or not.

With these, you're spending a lot of money for something you may not like.

Don't waste your money.

This.
I use Dunlop Gator 1.5mm's for metal, would recommend them. Just don't get anything too thin as it'll flap about when you try to play fast.
I found Dunlop Jazz IIIs work wonders for all genres of music. You should give them a try.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
A lot of guitar stores will have, in addition to the packaged bundles of picks, a bunch of drawers with individual picks in them.

Find a guitar store like that, buy half a dozen different kinds of picks. Experiment with them.

I tend to like rather thick picks, because thin ones feel sloppy to me. (I use Fender heavies, for the most part.) But just to show how you can't predict - the cliche is that shredders want heavier picks, whereas "feel" guitarists was lighter ones ... but I'm definitely in the latter category and fender heavies are pretty thick.
I want a Syu pick just to hang it around my neck T.T
"I wanted water but I'll walk through the fire"
Guitar picks are pretty cheap- just go to a guitar store and grab some random ones to try! I've settled on medium and heavy Tortex picks. The feel of them are so much better than Fender picks.
Hello, kamilfox. this is Danny
I am seen the URL that you posted in your posts. It is so nice. I am very thankfull to you for sharing the URL.

Thankyou.
Last edited by wadedanny85 at Jan 2, 2012,