I have heard that the dream theater bassist John Myung warms (or cools) down after a show. How do i do it? I play alot, and i have always a time block in my left arm, so i need to warm much more. Cooling down might help with this. So how does he cool down?
Play through slow, simple stuff. Don't even play anything on the level of your warm-up.
Quote by rocklee1431
Wow, these all suck. Except for the Moth Whisperer over there.

Quote by VanTheKraut
If you voted anything other this, you're wrong and a queer and I personally challenge every last one of you to pistols at dawn.
Just like any workout, because you're using muscles - you warm-up, getting your fingers coordinated and blood flowing, do your actual practicing, and, once your done, you can either play nice and slow, simple stuff or just move your fingers around for a few minutes to get back down to normal. Unless you're playing for 6 hours every day, it really shouldn't be a huge problem, and a "speed block" is probably just from not having developed your technique enough. Just my $.02 though because I don't know your playing level
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Well i play like 5 hours a day guitar (including on school, i go to music school) I have played electric for two years, but i progress really fast on things im intrested in. So intermediate maybe? I used to do alot of techcnical stuff, but now i play more fusion.
Quote by Usernames sucks
Well i play like 5 hours a day

You're still nowhere near Myung. He would play almost all day, everyday. At Berkeley, he would play for 5 minutes while walking in the halls going from one class to the next.

You don't really have to cool down after playing, but basically all you do is just play easier, slower stuff. It's like cooling off after a workout: You just have to do something that's not as demanding as what you were currently doing.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Quote by Junior#1
You're still nowhere near Myung. He would play almost all day, everyday. At Berkeley, he would play for 5 minutes while walking in the halls going from one class to the next.

You don't really have to cool down after playing, but basically all you do is just play easier, slower stuff. It's like cooling off after a workout: You just have to do something that's not as demanding as what you were currently doing.

John Myung and Petrucci both said they play 6 hours a day.
PRS SE Custom 24 w/ Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz Pickups
Squire Classic Vibe Stratocaster

Digitech Bad Monkey

Pignose 7100 Legendary Amplifyer
Quote by Dr Sixstring
John Myung and Petrucci both said they play 6 hours a day.

Now they do, yeah, but back when they were in their late teens shortly before they formed Majesty, Myung almost never put down his bass.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Quote by Junior#1
Now they do, yeah, but back when they were in their late teens shortly before they formed Majesty, Myung almost never put down his bass.

Ohhh
PRS SE Custom 24 w/ Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz Pickups
Squire Classic Vibe Stratocaster

Digitech Bad Monkey

Pignose 7100 Legendary Amplifyer