Hello UG, a few days ago there was a review for a Carvin DC200T.

I was wondering if they still make that guitar?

I went on their site and I couldn't find that particular guitar, but a few similar ones.

Thanks, Adam
Guitars
Washburn A20V 1981
Stagg SG300
BC Rich DLXJRVO
Ibanez Iceman
Jackson King V
Epiphone Special II
Epiphone Embassy IV
Martin D-16RGT
Ibanez EW20WNE
Not sure. I got a Carvin Booklet for free in my guitar store, and it features a DC727. The DC series is basically a neck-through series with active pups afaik, the 727 is a 7 stringer with 24 frets but I'm sure they still make other DCs too.
If you want anything specific on your guitar, we're talking about Carvin here - that's what they do. Also, you'll notice that there are DC200 Ts, Cs and Ms. The T has a Wilkinson tremelo, the C has a (licensed) Floyd Rose and the M has a tune-o-matic string through body bridge.
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
TC Electronics Dark Matter distortion
Harley Benton 2x12, with Celestion V30s
Laney Ironheart 60w tube amp
Quote by LordPino
Not sure. I got a Carvin Booklet for free in my guitar store, and it features a DC727. The DC series is basically a neck-through series with active pups afaik, the 727 is a 7 stringer with 24 frets but I'm sure they still make other DCs too.
If you want anything specific on your guitar, we're talking about Carvin here - that's what they do. Also, you'll notice that there are DC200 Ts, Cs and Ms. The T has a Wilkinson tremelo, the C has a (licensed) Floyd Rose and the M has a tune-o-matic string through body bridge.

Thanks! I noticed in your signature that you have a Carvin, how do you like it?
Guitars
Washburn A20V 1981
Stagg SG300
BC Rich DLXJRVO
Ibanez Iceman
Jackson King V
Epiphone Special II
Epiphone Embassy IV
Martin D-16RGT
Ibanez EW20WNE
You should go to my profile, I made a thread a while ago where I posted some pictures ( not that they do her justice ).
It is simply an amazing guitar, as are all the Carvin guitars I've ever played. Never read a bad review, never played one that wasn't incredible.
Mine is immensely diverse - it really does EVERYTHING from rock to metal to jazz, infinite sustain. The neck is, hands down, the most comfortable neck I've ever played and I've played my fair share of guitars.
All their stuff is pro quality stuff, the series I have (the CT series) does vary a bit in quality - the ct3 is lower quality than the ct6 ( which has an exotic quilted/flamed top ) - but the one I have ( the ct6, one of their best series ) is of PRS quality.
They're not easy to get by here in Europe, but if you can get one, they won't disappoint. Truely excellent instruments.
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
Carvins are damn good guitars. Their only real weak point is the electronics. Most of the people I know who have one have changed out the pickups at some point. The rest of it has always stayed stock though.
Quote by poppameth
Carvins are damn good guitars. Their only real weak point is the electronics. Most of the people I know who have one have changed out the pickups at some point. The rest of it has always stayed stock though.

Absolutely this. Think Ibanez, but more well-rounded and less metal.

I hear their DC800s with that 27" scale and those actives are fantastic though, if you're looking at 8-strings. Tosin Abasi played a show with them a few weeks back, all stock, and the tone was absolutely brilliant. Granted, that's partly due to the Axe-FX, but still, oompf.
modes are a social construct
I agree with the pickup thing as well, it's not like they're not good or anything, they're quite good as far as stock pups go, but indeed, it's the one thing about my guitar that I'd consider changing.. if I knew what pups to get.

EDIT: did I mention that all their headstock inlays ( so the 'Carvin' ) are 24K plated gold? It's just a nice extra
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
Last edited by LordPino at Dec 24, 2011,
Quote by LordPino

EDIT: did I mention that all their headstock inlays ( so the 'Carvin' ) are 24K plated gold? It's just a nice extra

That's an upcharge for the gold plated logo on the headstock... except maybe on some of the anniversary models where it may come stock.
Quote by Pac_man0123
That's an upcharge for the gold plated logo on the headstock... except maybe on some of the anniversary models where it may come stock.

You sure? Their website says they all come with 24k plated gold standard. Not that it matters though - they're still dirt cheap.
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
Here are all the currently advertised DCs.

Note that I say "currently advertised" - some guitars, like the DC150 are no longer advertised, but since they still have all the CNC machine information for it, they'll still build one for it's original price if you ask. The DC200 may be the same way. It's worth calling them to find out.

As for the pickups discussion - Carvin pickups are different, and they have a very particular sound to them. It's very clear and articulate. They're not bad by any means, they're just not exactly like any other pickup that's out there and some people aren't into that.