It seems most people at concerts these days watch the whole thing through the preview screen as they record on their cell phones. Does this annoy you? It seems everyone thinks they're cameramen these days. A lot of times I can barely even see the stage because of people raising their arms to film the band.

Seriously though. Why would I care? They obviously wanna have it for later or something.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Dec 23, 2011,
I don't really care how other people are watching a concert. I watch my way, they watch theirs.
I think it's less that they think they're cameramen, and more that they want to videotape the concert to either put on youtube or enjoy in the future, or you know....maybe even both

It's not annoying, they're not interfering with my concert experience.
maybe you should stop watching people watching concerts through their cellphones. You might actually enjoy the concert.
Sucks for you for not being skillful enough to be in the front row.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by FearMyLightning
Cellphone mics at recording sound at 100+ dB -> ENJOY later -> lolwuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut

Most cell phone concert clips on youtube are less than 30 seconds and are nothing but white noise and a pseudo cameraman trying to fight the crowd to get closer to the front.
Why would I give a shit how other people are watching a show?
PM me for newts
Quote by MiserySignals11
Most cell phone concert clips on youtube are less than 30 seconds and are nothing but white noise and a pseudo cameraman trying to fight the crowd to get closer to the front.

I still don't understand why you care if they do it. I've done it once or twice but only to show other people I know something cool that the band was doing or other things like that.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by WCPhils
I still don't understand why you care if they do it. I've done it once or twice but only to show other people I know something cool that the band was doing or other things like that.

I care about the actions of others a little more than I should
Quote by MiserySignals11
It seems most people at concerts these days watch the whole thing through the preview screen as they record on their cell phones. Does this annoy you? It seems everyone thinks they're cameramen these days. A lot of times I can barely even see the stage because of people raising their arms to film the band.

Thats why you get there early and get in front of the people that do that.
I give a shit if I spend half a band's set moving because everywhere I stand the guy in front of me has his phone/camera right in front of my face actually blocking my view. I respect people's desire to capture the moment n all that but shit guys.

I used to bring my camera to shows. Then I decided to actually listen/watch and enjoy instead of sitting around getting "good video"
Quote by Mack56
I give a shit if I spend half a band's set moving because everywhere I stand the guy in front of me has his phone/camera right in front of my face actually blocking my view. I respect people's desire to capture the moment n all that but shit guys.

I used to bring my camera to shows. Then I decided to actually listen/watch and enjoy instead of sitting around getting "good video"

You said it better than I ever could.
I don't care although I'd never do it and I generally do not enjoy later watching a friend's crap recording of some artist we went to see. It's just noise and I can't really enjoy that. I rather enjoy to the fullest when I'm there than waste my time at that and then pretend to find the video amazing when it really is terrible.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by Mack56

I've never had that problem at a show. Maybe you go to shitty concerts?
The only time I get my cellphone out to film is when I know there's an incoming mind-blowing ****ing solo... Or before a certain band enters on stage due to epic epicness (e.g. Nightwish).
Quote by technicolour
I've never had that problem at a show. Maybe you go to shitty concerts?

Probably this.
If you consider Mastodon/BTBAM a shitty concert, then I have no reason to take you seriously. Maybe you lucked out and there are less douchey kids in your city but shit happens at all levels.
.........never thought of it much to tell you the truth.

Just stop being a little whiny bitch dude.
WARNING:
The above is most likely sarcasm, so fuck yourself if you're offended.
Quote by shavorules42
Hey look! An intelligent post!
Quote by WCPhils
One time I saw a religious person eating so I don't do that anymore.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Save water. Drink alcohol.
Quote by Mack56
If you consider Mastodon/BTBAM a shitty concert, then I have no reason to take you seriously. Maybe you lucked out and there are less douchey kids in your city but shit happens at all levels.

I think you're making a slightly larger deal and annoyance out of the issue at hand than you need to. Simply move, or get closer to the front. Or shoot, even ask them.
Last edited by blake1221 at Dec 23, 2011,
Quote by blake1221
I think you're making a slightly larger deal and annoyance out of the issue at hand than you need to. Simply move, or get closer to the front. Or shoot, even ask them.

I'm not saying it's that big a deal or that it happens at every single show. But sometimes I'm trying to watch the band then someone brings out their phone and because he's 2 feet in front of me he manages to block my already side-of-the-venue skewed view of the stage. It's a bit of a pain.

When possible, I move, other times, one has to be a total dick to get people to let you get through to find somewhere else.

Not a huge deal or anything but you know, still pretty lame.
Quote by Mack56

I do, but regardless, was there no mosh pit? I doubt people would have their phones out there.
Quote by Mack56
If you consider Mastodon/BTBAM a decent concert, then I have no reason to take you seriously.

Fixed.
Maybe the want to show their grandchildren when they're older???
Just a sub-par guitar player..

Quote by darkstar2466
Let's make this the Pit's motto:

"Forever alone, together"

IS THIS FREEDOM, OR CONFINEMENT?! FREE MOSCOE_ESPANOL!!!