PLEASE READ AND TAKE TIME TO HELP ME: I WILL ANSWER ANY ONE OF YOUR QUESTIONS IF YOU DO
Ok, so not too long ago, my church needed another guitarist and i offered to play since i have an electric and they let me in.

And i'm only good at rhythm guitar but when i came to practice on saturday, all of a sudden they were like"YOU'RE PLAYING LEAD GUITAR"
and i was like WTF?

and i had to play in front of the whole church for a Christmas concert thing
and i BOMBED the band basically wants me to play
arpeggio style(idk) for example:

I would play the first 4 strings of the G chord and the rhythm guitarist
plays the full G chord

OR they would me make me play all downstrokes throughout the WHOLE song
and i went to another Christmas concert and the lead guitarist was AMAZING he was actually playing tabs or something and it went really well with the song
unlike what i had to play

so i know my church has NO idea how to play lead guitar, even the
band leader admitted it.

POINT IS:
------------
How would lead guitar be played to Christian music?
I know power chords and pentatonic scales but most pentatonic scales
i play are minor and this is happy go lucky Christian music and
idk all the powerchords and i couldnt find them on the internet

So tell me the tabs you would play to this song or tell me how to come up with some

G D C
IN THE SECRET, IN THE QUIET PLACE
Em D C
IN THE STILLNESS YOU ARE THERE
G D C
IN THE SECRET IN THE QUIET HOUR I WAIT

ONLY FOR YOU
Em D C
COS I WANT TO KNOW YOU MORE

G D
I WANT TO KNOW YOU
Em C G
I WANT TO HEAR YOUR VOICE
G D C
I WANT TO KNOW YOU MORE
G D
I WANT TO TRUST YOU
Em C G
I WANT TO SEEK YOUR FACE
G D C D
I WANT TO KNOW YOU MORE

G D C
I AM REACHING FOR THE HIGHEST GOAL
Em D C
THAT I MIGHT RECEIVE THE PRIZE
G D C
PRESSING ONWARD, PUSHING EVERY HINDRANCE ASIDE
Em D C
OUT OF MY WAY. COS I WANT TO KNOW YOU MORE

So yeah just tell me how to make up tabs for this

and PLEASE.... PLEASE give me some lead guitar tips
any help will be greatly appreciated

THANK YOU
dude. put a 5 after those chords. except for Em, in which you play E5. pump the gain. blast TEH BR00TALHZ. never have to worry about it again.

(and btw the rhythm guitarist sounds like absolute shit. MERRY CHRISTMAS!)
Thank you very much and merry Christmas to you too and NOOO I have teh practice tomorrow :O but I dont have to worry about it now ty
You have practice on christmas day? What kindve sick $#%#$# up band is this?
Oasis nut
Gear: Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Ej-200, Peavey Studio Pro 40, Digitech RP55, Boss ME-20. Too many pedals to list.
Latest additions: epiphone ej-200, boss me-20

Quote by DAiMIteHan

Am I old enough to wear this fist in school?
When such religious or politic shit gets involved into music, the purity of music is gone. Just go lead rhytm
The songs in the G Major Key so it can be assumed that you can just wank the G Pentatonic and you'll be doing fine.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
do you have the vocal melody?

You could mimic the melody and embellish a little.

Chord tones are your friend. You can always write some counterpoint lines to go with the vocal melody. I came across this site http://www.123writemelody.com/index.htm which gives some really simple melody writing ideas. You can use a lot of the same principles to create some lead lines. The basic idea is stick to chord tones, arpeggios, some scale fragments and chord tones.

You can sit down and come up with a few ideas beforehand and write them down and practice them over and over. Go to band practice with some of the ideas and try a few out to see what fits, tinker with them a little till they work.

Once you have a rough skeleton of what you're going to do and it sounds good you can start to really play around and embellish it. If you find yourself getting carried away you always have something to fall back on and bring you back on track.

Try to keep the fancier licks to between vocal lines so as not to get in the way (call and response kind of thing). Keep it simple during the vocal line (stick to arpeggios or harmonize with the vocal melody).

This is a video he has some good tips. He's a very talented guitar player but goes over the same ideas, and gives some good advice. http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=5777562536751428345&q=marty+friedman+melodic+control&total=11&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0# He get's complex with superimposing other chords over a new chord but until you are comfortable playing the straight chords keep this part in the practice room.

By the way in case you don't know: an arpeggio is just the playing the notes of a chord one at a time.
Si