I picked up a 2010 traditional pro Les Paul from Guitar Center about 7 months ago, and besides the toggle switch getting all loose like the last Les Paul it replaced, the g string tuner is stuck now. I bought some new power slinkys, loosened all of the old strings and pulled them off, and surprise, when I get to the g string it wont go through but the wheel is loosened all of the way. I look into the hole and the piece that goes up and down is jammed all of the way up which is weird because i had just pulled a string from it.

I took it to guitar center and they weren't any help. I dont have a backup or funds with me at the time so I'm really anxious to get this problem fixed. If not I'm going back to the regular tuners.
Stick a really small allen key in there and pop the tuner up. I had some similar-styled locking tuners jam up on me a few times. I would do as I just suggested and then put the string on. If it jams up again go back to standard tuners. No real reason to have locking tuners on a Les Paul. Regular grovers should keep her in tune just fine assuming the nut is slotted well and the strings are stretched.
Tried the allen and a knife. Its stuck up, wont go anymore up. Theres a groove at the very buttom so its really hard to try to push it back down but ive wiggled with it and used wd 40 and no luck. i looked at my b string and it was stuck too and i stuck the allen in and it popped down instantly though.
And my e string, just like the b string tuner i just noticed. I just wont lock them anymore, this is bull. But i still got one to go...
i haven't heard a ton about grovers's locking tuner issues, grovers have always treated me very well. i bought one set of locking Sperzels, broke after three days. they wouldn't take it back, so i don't use locking tuners.

i would personally pull off all of the locking tuners on there and replace with standard tuners, keep original tuners though for resale. Gohtos or Grover non lockers are my favorites.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i haven't heard a ton about grovers's locking tuner issues, grovers have always treated me very well. i bought one set of locking Sperzels, broke after three days. they wouldn't take it back, so i don't use locking tuners.

i would personally pull off all of the locking tuners on there and replace with standard tuners, keep original tuners though for resale. Gohtos or Grover non lockers are my favorites.

This. Locking tuners were originally made to help keep vintage trem guitars stay in tune better. This was because the windings on the pegs would loosen or tighten each time the trem was used, making it nearly impossible to keep the guitar in tune for more then 1 or 2 songs. Locking tuners fixed this problem by eliminating the windings on the pegs, allowing more stable tuning.

There's no real reason to have locking tuners on a fixed bridge guitar. Contrary to what most people will tell you, they make no real difference in tuning.
Quote by Strats&Cats
This. Locking tuners were originally made to help keep vintage trem guitars stay in tune better. This was because the windings on the pegs would loosen or tighten each time the trem was used, making it nearly impossible to keep the guitar in tune for more then 1 or 2 songs. Locking tuners fixed this problem by eliminating the windings on the pegs, allowing more stable tuning.

There's no real reason to have locking tuners on a fixed bridge guitar. Contrary to what most people will tell you, they make no real difference in tuning.

agree 100%. also another people do that is really stupid when they string their guitars and wind too much and it overlaps, that is the worst thing you can do for staying in tune. it makes you a lot more susceptible to heat and cool causing the strings to expand/contract.

i have no reason that i would want locking tuners on a guitar that doesn't have a trem. vintage trems it is a must if it is a gigging guitar for me, but i dont play any of those guitars out anywhere. i don'e even know why Gibson did that.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/