Poll: Which is more important?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which is more important?
Defense
76 64%
Offense
43 36%
Voters: 119.
Page 1 of 2
Using whatever sport or war or whatever you want, what do you think is more important.

I think defense no doubt. It wins championships!
Defense fo' sho'.
It doesn't matter if you've got the best offence in the world, without a decent defense you're screwed. But not necessarily the other way round, look at Liverpool in the Premier League, scored less than the team in 20th place but have let the least goals in, kicking back in 6th place.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

You would think that, being a Yankees fanI don't follow baseball

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Quote by Trowzaa
Defense fo' sho'.
It doesn't matter if you've got the best offence in the world, without a decent defense you're screwed. But not necessarily the other way round, look at Liverpool in the Premier League, scored less than the team in 20th place but have let the least goals in, kicking back in 6th place.

Or the post Melo trade Knicks of last year!

See! We both can reference teams the other doesn't know anything about!
Defense

Though the Phillies lost this year with a fantastic defense, but their offense sucked, so...
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Dec 24, 2011,
Quote by genghisgandhi
Or the post Melo trade Knicks of last year!

See! We both can reference teams the other doesn't know anything about!

At least I pretty much spelt it out with the league positions and stuff, yours I don't have a clue what you're on about
The most I know is that the Knicks are NY, Friends taught me something.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Thrashtastic15
Nashville Predators say hi

you need both you ****ing dunce

"which do you think is more important?"
Ray Lewis is defense.

So defense.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
both.

you can't win a game without scoring and you can't win a game if you let the other team score more than you.

although, if both teams don't play defense and you score more than them you can win.

therefore, offense is slightly more important imo.
A defensive war is a lost war. The saying goes something like that. Napolean came up with it I think, and if you look at the U.S. civil war, certain battles were lost because of a defensive strategy. In a fist fight, you have to get an edge on your opponent. Going on the offense helps with that.
I don't think you can say one trumps the other, however a solid defense is really important...
Whenever I play an RTS, I always go for Defense and slowly expand my base. It becomes more drawn out and intense until you get down to the last of your materials.

Defense.
Quote by add_g
A defensive war is a lost war. The saying goes something like that. Napolean came up with it I think, and if you look at the U.S. civil war, certain battles were lost because of a defensive strategy. In a fist fight, you have to get an edge on your opponent. Going on the offense helps with that.

Erich von Manstein nigga
Neither. Someone who knows what they're doing can use them interchangeably to achieve the same effect.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
Neither. Someone who knows what they're doing can use them interchangeably to achieve the same effect.

It seems you don't know how good ol' fashioned Merican football works.

Seriously, you need both. You need offense to put up the points, and then a run game to effectively kill the clock and control possession.
Quote by Gin&Pentatonic
You don't need defense when you have the nuclear ****ing bomb.

Is it weird if I read this in a Richard Nixon voice?

Quote by moscaespañol
It seems you don't know how good ol' fashioned Merican football works.

Pretty sure TS didn't say it was specific to football. In fact, I'm sure he said something along the lines of 'use whatever war or sport you want' as example.

Either way, it still applies.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
You ain't gonna score without yo offense
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
i always want to say offence, but when you think about it, having a solid defence wins games. preventing them from scoring is key, all you have to do is score a few times, and you are boss.
Quote by strat0blaster
Pretty sure TS didn't say it was specific to football. In fact, I'm sure he said something along the lines of 'use whatever war or sport you want' as example.

Either way, it still applies.

which reveals my secret- i didn't read the OP oh nooooo

but, clearly, it's gonna depend on the game or war.

Quote by Gin&Pentatonic
You don't need defense when you have the nuclear ****ing bomb.

i know thats a joke, but without defence you will never get the chance to set that bomb off, or even make it.
I'm saying offense, because that always served me well for the only sport I've ever taken part in and enjoyed...

Rotten Playground
Listen to me and Jameh muck about on a podcast
as if you have anything better to do.

Quote by Reverend_Taco
Grass stains on my dicks

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Pfft. Gay? Nah, gay is the manliest sex that exists.
I'm going with offense, with regards to my tkd sparring. You stay defensive, you will probably get pushed around. Staying offensive allows you to set the pace of the match.
I prefer offense to defense. realising how important defense is but I prefer to watch a team with a nice offense to be fair.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Agressive defence leads to turnovers in rugby Big tackles are better than weaving runs.
CYMRU

Quote by apothecarrie
I cut my tongue with a spoon.

Andrew Wk Party Tip 11Be Awesomer!

Woo
Page 1 of 2