Page 1 of 2
saw this a few weeks ago

probably one of the most amazing things i've ever seen
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Awe-inspiring. And to think some would doubt the existence of God.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr

This.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
Quote by genghisgandhi
I saw that the day it came out, cause APOD is my homepage!

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html

I advise all of you to make it your's too.

!

I get all my wallpapers there too
- - - - - - - -
When I think of the perpetual journey through life
When it always feels like autumn
The wind moves slowly to the north
And the flowers die
Rain falls in my dreams

- - - - - - - -
Makes you realize how unimportant we are in the grand scheme of things.

Love this kind of stuff though!
YEAH! ಠ_ಠ
Is that Aphex Twin in the background?
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Quote by genghisgandhi
I'm gonna miss you so much Erik

Quote by ErikLensherr

I agree with the first statement, disagree with the second. Why can't people accept the beauty that came from a randomly occuring event? What does god have to do with this? We aren't special, I'm sure other planets and galaxies look even more amazing.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
I agree with the first statement, disagree with the second. Why can't people accept the beauty that came from a randomly occuring event? What does god have to do with this? We aren't special, I'm sure other planets and galaxies look even more amazing.

Oh no not again....
Goddamnit you pricks don't derail the thread with arguments about God.

Those videos are amazing, they almost don't even look real. The lightning is incredible, I had no idea you'd be able to see it like that from space, although I guess it makes sense
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

trolololo
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Not even trying to start a fight, just saying I believe beauty can occur from something random like that. It's natural. I think if god made perfection, it diminishes the idea, idk you don't have to agree with me
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
Not even trying to start a fight, just saying I believe beauty can occur from something random like that. It's natural. I think if god made perfection, it diminishes the idea, idk you don't have to agree with me

I just meant that he was being sarcastic. It's cool
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Some believe beauty is the creation of God, myself and others believe it is chance. Discussion over, mkay?
West Ham United
Quote by neidnarb11890
Beauty is God, God beauty

wait.

Cool.

I'm just drunk enough for that to sound kind of awesome.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
God doesn't wanna be called beautiful, he's not gay.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by WCPhils
I just meant that he was being sarcastic. It's cool

I didn't see it. I like the idea that we just exploded out of seemingly nothing and ended up a beautiful universe. Its symbolic to me in many ways. If we were all planned out, which takes some serious planning.. like holy shit hahaha then idk I feel less... Important, that I have pre planned out abilities and a pre planned out life. I don't believe that just because god planned me out makes me feel any beyter. I like me planning out me. I like my choices.
Quote by ErikLensherr
God doesn't wanna be called beautiful, he's not gay.

According to whom?
Quote by due 07
According to whom?

God specifically added "(I'm Happy)" to his last album title to clarify that he isn't gay in the gay sense.

theology'd.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
Quote by ErikLensherr
God specifically added "(I'm Happy)" to his last album title to clarify that he isn't gay in the gay sense.

theology'd.

that's awesome

"He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed." - Albert Einstein

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
I didn't see it. I like the idea that we just exploded out of seemingly nothing and ended up a beautiful universe. Its symbolic to me in many ways. If we were all planned out, which takes some serious planning.. like holy shit hahaha then idk I feel less... Important, that I have pre planned out abilities and a pre planned out life. I don't believe that just because god planned me out makes me feel any beyter. I like me planning out me. I like my choices.

Not everybody who believes in a God or other supernatural force believes in predestination.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by bradulator
that's awesome

"He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed." - Albert Einstein

Not everybody who believes in a God or other supernatural force believes in predestination.

I'm sure? What does that have to do with my personal belief in a god?
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
I'm sure? What does that have to do with my personal belief in a god?

I thought your implication was that all people who believed in God had contrasting views to yours on the subject. My bad, i'm tired as shit

Here's another Einstein quote that sums up my feelings on this video:

"My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind."
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
If I spoke like that in regular conversation I think I would go mad, or at the very least drive other people mad.
West Ham United
Quote by bradulator
I thought your implication was that all people who believed in God had contrasting views to yours on the subject. My bad, i'm tired as shit

Here's another Einstein quote that sums up my feelings on this video:

"My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind."

its all good. the problem with internet chat is misunderstanding. although i would like to hear some religious ideas of god existing but not planning out the universe and not having the idea of a human in mind, which seems to contrast with many religious ideas, like jesus. if god didnt plan on making humans why was jesus said to be the son of god. things like that kinda confuse me. id love to hear others opinions on it. that never happens though. people never explain their ideas without trying to win an argument. that prevents learning! i like learning.
how on earth could i have the "right" understanding of God and the creation of the universe at 19? Makes no sense, I'm open to all ideas, as long as you can explain it and not use circular reasoning too often.
Quote by bradulator

but living is easy with your eyes closed misunderstanding all you see.
Quote by Dirge Humani
I never knew lightning storms were visible from space.

I never knew the earth was so visible from space
I listened to some post rock as I watched this. Shit was epic.

Quote by NOTONFACEBOOK
Pretentious for 'made prettier'
Maybe to someone who doesn't know how to use a camera
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Last edited by Banjocal at Dec 24, 2011,
Quote by ErikLensherr

I can do it very easily when I am able to look past how neat it seems and understand everything that's going on in the picture.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Page 1 of 2