Hello again,

As you know, it's Christmas tomorrow and I should be getting a Digitech Whammy from my dad if all goes to plan. What I want to know is, where would I place it in my chain? At the moment I have it like this:

(Guitar) - Korg Pitchblack > Bad Monkey OD > SC-2 Distortion > Compressor > Tonerider Comp > Tonerider Chorus > Boss Noise Suppressor > Tonerider Delay - (Amp)

Everything sounds great so far. Been wanting a Whammy for years! Hopefully my dream shall come true tomorrow Hope you all have a great Christmas!
Quote by Jason
Ancient scrolls predict that when Fred Durst and Lil Wayne perform a guitar duet while touching the tips of their penises together, the gates of hell will open and swallow us all.

Hehe.

Ideally, the wammy (as well as your chorus and delay) should go in the effects loop.
I personally prefer it in front, first in the chain after the tuner. Try it out in different places and see what you think though.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Yup, I've got it in first place.

Tried it after my dist pedal, which to me sounded better on the harmoniser side of things. So, based on that I guess ideally you'd want it hammed in between two identical distortions/overdrives, where you could choose between OD/Dists as you use either the Harmony or Whammy side of things :P
Then I shall insert my erect penis into the narrow vaginal cavity of my blood-relative whom I predate by approximately 5 years.
Quote by Strats&Cats
Ideally, the wammy (as well as your chorus and delay) should go in the effects loop.

No, the harmonics generated by distortion tend to confuse it.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by Strats&Cats

the effects loop should only really be used for effects to go AFTER the amp clean or distortion channels, such as tremolo, delay, reverb, etc.

Quote by CharlieSlyster
Hello again,

As you know, it's Christmas tomorrow and I should be getting a Digitech Whammy from my dad if all goes to plan. What I want to know is, where would I place it in my chain? At the moment I have it like this:

(Guitar) - Korg Pitchblack > Bad Monkey OD > SC-2 Distortion > Compressor > Tonerider Comp > Tonerider Chorus > Boss Noise Suppressor > Tonerider Delay - (Amp)

Everything sounds great so far. Been wanting a Whammy for years! Hopefully my dream shall come true tomorrow Hope you all have a great Christmas!

I use my mostly for pitch shifting octave up, in which case I put it around the front of my effect signal to get the clearest signal to track. if I am using it as a harmoniser, I tend to put it after the distortions so it can sound more distinct like I have two guitars, rather than having the harmonised not go through to the distortion (it would blend them more that way). it all depends on how you want it to sound.

also, I would put my compression pedal BEFORE the distortions. distortion/OD pedals essentially compress a signal, so it is a bit redundant having it after them - it is best to put it ahead (even if you only use the compressor when the distortion is off, a compressor switched on before a distortion will give an added sustain to a switched on distortion.

P.S
check this out -> http://sixstringsensei.com/973/guitar-effects-pedal-order-part-of-the-absolute-one-stop-guide/
Thanks for the help guys! I'll mess around with the order of the pedals tomorrow, too much wrapping to do tonight ;-) I'm mainly getting the pedal to experiment with my band. At the moment we seem to be running out of ideas and the guitar parts are a bit stale, so I thought using the Whammy occasionally could be fun and interesting! Something that really interests me is the harmonizer section. Our bands only got one guitarist and I'm sure it would fill out and fatten up the sound a bit. I used to have a Digitech RP350 and it had a Whammy on it which was fantastic, so I'm familiar with it's capabilities. Thanks again guys, hope you all have a great Christmas!

PS. surjer, I'm using a Fender Mustang lll. Great amp for the price!
Quote by Jason
Ancient scrolls predict that when Fred Durst and Lil Wayne perform a guitar duet while touching the tips of their penises together, the gates of hell will open and swallow us all.

Hehe.