Hi people ! I am going to buy my 4th electric guitar and want it to be an ibanez (for the second time). I heard lots about the rg 550/1570 and I was going to buy one when I saw the Ibanez RG4EXQM and I was moved by its "Quilted Maple Top" . Can somebody pls compare them and pls advice me about this I wanna hear your thoughts about the two guitars.Thank you.

------------------------------------------------these are ants---------------------------------------------

I will always be a girl.
4EXQM= Made in Indonesia if I remember correctly.

The 550/1570 are made in Japan and have better hardware, pickups (i think), nicer necks, and generally just better quality.

Either the 550 or 1570 can easily be had for $500 or sometimes less. Usually the cheapest I see the 1570 go for is around $450 in decent condition.

Also keep in mind the RG570 (basically an RG550 without the pickguard) and RG560 (RG570 but with a single coil neck pickup). I got a near-mint RG570 from Guitar Center for about $400 after tax and it was made in 2000.

The 560 and 570 are made in Japan, as well.
I'd go for the RG550. I had a RG505, which was also made in Japan and featured a HSH pickup configuration and the good old Edge tremolo. Nothing like Edge III for example. RG550 is really a much better guitar in all aspects that the RG4EXQM. From pickups to craft quality.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

RG 550 still wining lol. wow $500 below? I not even near the shore of guitars. ) Any advice where can I get those 500 below here canada. lol thank you again. but I would love to hear more about these guitars or is there any better guitar at the same value ?
(1)550 or (1)570
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
550's are a thousand times better. They're japanese, have better pickups, better bridge, they look much cooler. The other one is Indonesian crap.
550, no question! Better wood and hardware and build quality.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Yeah, like he said, (1)550 or (1)570 hands down over an RG4. When I shopped for my 'practice guitar' I looked at the RG1-5's and ended up going with the RG5 because it was most similar to the RG4570 I was getting. The RG5 is fine for a practice guitar, same as the RG4, but they don't even come close in quality to the MIJ Ibeys. Way better bridge on the 1570 if you go that way, but the cheapest I've seen those around here is $600.00 USD. If you can, I'd strongly advise saving a bit more and go for the 1550/1570.
Last edited by IbanezBossShred at Dec 28, 2011,
Nice buy! Post an NGD thread with pics and a review!
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Why can't they just name their guitars something memorable, not just a different number for every variety of superstrat that they put out?
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

Last edited by StrykVladzimsky at Jan 16, 2012,
Quote by StrykVladzimsky
Why can't they just name their guitars something memorable, not just a different number for every variety of superstrat that they put out?

They are memorable if you actually sit down and understand what the numbers mean. Not every guitar has to have a stupid names like hellraiser or damian (yes I'm looking at you schecter. Even though your guitars aren't bad)
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
RG570 Gray (wanted black, yet gray's cool) for $350...bam...how good would it be for metallica/megadeth/slayer?
pretty sweet

pickup upgrade wouldn't hurt

but aside from that (assuming it's legit and in good nick), sweet.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Any way I could grab some active EMGs and give them to a luthier for the upgrade? Its a 1999 model btw.
sure but i mean megadeth uses passives (until very recently)
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'll be using a Vypyr 30...should the amp allow me to make the passives roar?
i have a 3550MZ and 2570EVSL i love them.

go with a 550 or 570 if you are going for an original model, as above 1550 =550 to a point 1570=570.

here is some pron enjoy.

WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Last edited by trashedlostfdup at Feb 3, 2012,
The one I found is a 1999 model, super wizard, original edge.