Really confused about buying Ibanez RGA 32 with mahogany body & CAP LZ 10 &20 pickups or Schecter Demon6 With Basswood body & Duncan Designed Active HB-105 pickups , so please help me guys in choosing any one of the above, & recommend whether I go for Fender mustang 1 or Line6 spyder4 15 watts Amplifiers,which one has a better clean sound...
I have supergas for the natural look of the RGA32... Don't really like schecters but thats a personal matter, try them out and see!
Personally, I would go for RGA cos I'm a big fan of Ibanez. Plus, I love Ibanez's neck dimensions cos they're pretty thin and can give the best performance for my personal style of playing (Glam Metal/Rock).

About amps, I'm not sure which one has a better clean sound, but I would go for Line6 cos their modelling distortion and drive sounds are freaking rock \m/ as I assume that you must be a head banging player according to what you asked
Last edited by Chayakorn at Dec 24, 2011,
I have the RGA32 and I love it.
Also, avoid line 6 spiders. They're the cancer of guitar amps.
Last edited by cjstylez97 at Dec 25, 2011,
The RGA is a higher quality guitar, IMO.

Can you try them out? Their neck profiles are pretty different.

Out of the two amps you mentioned, the Mustang is a better choice. But I'll also recommend you try out the Peavey Vypyr.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
The RGA is a higher quality guitar, IMO.

Can you try them out? Their neck profiles are pretty different.

Out of the two amps you mentioned, the Mustang is a better choice. But I'll also recommend you try out the Peavey Vypyr.

+1.

If available also try the roland cube 20 and the vox vt20+.
I like the models and effects on the vox over the rest personally.
Thanks guys, But what about schecter demon6??? i heard its a good guitar, also it has a active duncan designed pickups how would it fare in competition with RGA 32 .........
The schecter has a fatter rounder neck.
The pickups on both guitars are attrocious, but you shouldn't really notice until you get better and get a new amp.

Duncan designed means cheap schecter pickups with the SD name on them.
I would suspect however that the schecter would be better for cleans. Seymore Duncan pickups have a huge range of tone whereas most other brands are a bit more one dimensional.

That being said I hate my 'duncan designed' pickups. Cant handle the dirt.
So RGA 32 with cap lz10 & 20 pickups would be better than duncan designed active pickups????
Not nessessarily. If you have the option, play both.
Everyones ears are different.
Not to mention you can always change pickups to change your sound, its more about how comfortable you are with the guitar itself.
RGA32 just cuz I don't really care for the quality of most Schecters. I'd buy the worst piece of crap from Fender before I'd buy the best Line 6..... Even a bad Fender sounds better than any Line 6 I've ever played with. That said, I agree with OffWorld92 and say, try out the Vypyrs, for a modelling amp, they're about the best I've heard.
Quote by shivram
So RGA 32 with cap lz10 & 20 pickups would be better than duncan designed active pickups????

What we're trying to say is that at that price/quality point, it doesn't really matter.

FWIW, I've heard some people are pretty happy with the Ibanez actives, for what they are.

I've never heard a good Duncan Designed pickup.

EDIT: How they feel in your hands, how much you like them matters much, much more than which one sounds better than the other. You're getting a modeling amp anyway, so no matter what you put into it, it'll come out to some extent of decent anyway.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Dec 25, 2011,
The Omen series is pretty mediocre in my opinion, and I don't trust people who say they're really solid guitars. To me, they feel toyish. The RGA32 is a good guitar for any level, I use my RGA42FM as my live guitar and I love the tone it has with the stock actives. I've played dozens of shows and I've never felt the need to change the pups, and since you're just going to use a modeller, pickups are one of the last things you should think about changing on your guitar.

For amps, I think the Mustang sucks for metal. It didn't have one likeable high gain model, I felt the Superchamp was the same way. They're good amps for clean and bluesy type stuff, but not much beyond that IMO. I would try out Line6, Peavey, or Cubes for metal and see which one you like. Regardless for what people say the Line 6 isn't bad for what it does. It's not great by any means, but it's not going to limit you as a player or anything like starter amps did 10 years ago.
Gear:

Squier Strat
Epiphone Explorer
Agile AL-3100

No AMP