I've seen both these model names from Yamaha. What is the difference between the two guitars?
The fs is a folk guitar. The fg is a dreadnought. That's the difference.

Do you know the difference between them?
Blueridge BR-160A
or to put it another way, the fg is significantly larger than the fs.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
I had the FG it sounds great but it just was not that comfortable for me spending hours working on it with my teacher. It felt way to big. I ended up trading it in a few months later after my shoulder would hurt after playing for a while. I got the folk sized and problem solved, still sounds amazing!!
The smaller size would definitely help me. Right now, I have the FG700S. It's a good guitar, but slightly big.
Quote by rotoball95
The smaller size would definitely help me. Right now, I have the FG700S. It's a good guitar, but slightly big.

sounds about like me. I just traded mine in at GC, I know I got ripped off but I didn't have the time to try to sell it on craigslist, I needed something by next week lol

Good Luck, why not go and try it out at a store? See if it feels better for you.
I've really no idea how dreadnoughts are so ****ing popular; they're so cumbersome!
The only issue I would have is...would the sound be bass-less? I do like a bright sound, but there has to be some bass in there. I also don't want any volume to be lost. My friend once has a thin acoustic guitar, and I actually liked the tone of it, and there was no volume loss, but still, I get paranoid that it could be too small.