Last night I was talking to a friend of mine and she started talking about her ex-boyfriend. Now I've known and been friends with her ex longer than I've known her. I didn't agree with the way he treated her or how he broke up with her, but I thought he was still my friend.

Now she's telling me that he did all this terrible stuff to her and that he was talking shit about me, my friends, and my girlfriend. I could care less if he made fun of me, but if he starts talking bad about my girlfriend (apparently he called her emo, and told this girl that if she said anything to her she'd probably go cut herself) then I'm going to have a problem.

She's also saying that he hit her, which I would have a huge problem with if it's true. But I don't know if I should believe her or not. I've known this guy for a long time, and none of this sounds like anything he would do. In fact the day before she told me this we played basketball together.

I just don't know who to believe. Help me Pit, you're my only hope.
Relationship thread

Am I doing it right? Also.. girls lying about being hit is more common than you might think.