Poll: Best day to release new music?
Poll Options
View poll results: Best day to release new music?
Monday
3 7%
Tuesday
5 12%
Wednesday
2 5%
Thursday
4 9%
Friday
7 16%
Saturday
1 2%
Sunday
2 5%
Joke option
19 44%
Voters: 43.
I know bands tend to release albums on a monday but surely isn't sunday a better day as most people will be at home on the computer?

So what, in your opinion, is the best day of the week to release a new song/album online?
Well don't things normally come out on Tuesdays 'cuz they ship on Monday or whatever? Something like that, someone told me so once.
Quote by StewieSwan
I doubt it makes any difference.

Yeah, I, too, am doubtful.
Quote by StewieSwan
I doubt it makes any difference.

This.

Seems like a stupid question to me
Doesn't matter. I hate it when people release music in the last two weeks or so of the year though. Makin' me revise my AOTY year list and shit.
If you're aiming to get into the chart, then you've got to sync it with whenever your country's chart positions are counted. That's why release dates vary from country to country.
If you're not aiming for a chart position then it doesn't matter.

Quote by Gerard_xD
If you're aiming to get into the chart, then you've got to sync it with whenever your country's chart positions are counted. That's why release dates vary from country to country.
If you're not aiming for a chart position then it doesn't matter.

This. Certainly in the UK everything is released on a Monday because the charts are calculated on a Sunday.

Don't know what day other countries do it, but when the UK charts first started back in the 50's all shops were closed on a Sunday so they could count the entire week's sales without more happening at the same time.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
It doesn't matter what day it's released because everyone is just going to torrent it anyway.

Support SOPA, support music.

Rick Perry '12.