I just bought the ezdrummer bundle: Ezdrummer, metalheads, meta lmachine.
I installed them all.
Im about to record a prog metal song. What are the best set?
It seems like metalmachine has more diffrent drum possibilites... But what is best? Im looking for an dream theater(portnoy) like sound. Any tips? Im a drum noob you know
Marry christmas btw!
The toms on Metal machine are fantastic. I haven't used in a while, but they really stood out to me. I seem to remember the snares being a lot better than Metalheads too. I would say Metalheads had better cymbals though, from what I remember.

Write down what you like and dislike about them both. There's nothing to stop you using Metal machine for toms and snare, for example, and using Metalheads for the rest. Except maybe a slow computer, but most DAWs have a freeze function, which plays the track as an audio file, rather than a CPU-heavy VSTi.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Last edited by Carl6661 at Dec 24, 2011,
Metal Machine, definitely. LOVE that expansion. I haven't even used the Avatar kit or Metal Foundry in Superior since I got it
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
When it comes to the "library" or "grooves" selection, which one has a better selection for blast beats? Also, how many different groove selections does Metal Machine have?
Quote by Desolator55
When it comes to the "library" or "grooves" selection, which one has a better selection for blast beats? Also, how many different groove selections does Metal Machine have?

Metal machine. Metalheads have just some drum part to a couple of meshugga songs. But if you want drum loops, i will rather suggest you to buy/download a midi pack from toontrack.
And even better look at songs you like the drum parts too and learn from them. A little bit of drum theory couldn't go a miss either.

Not saying do that INSTEAD of midi loops, but do it along side using midi loops.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!